Sponsored by:

clear bra scuff marks in need of polishing out

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 09:16 PM
Midnight C4S
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clear bra scuff marks in need of polishing out

Clear bra scuffed, does anyone know how to get scuff marks out of XPEL (3M). I'm going to try and work on it tomorrow and thought perhaps someone else here might know how to get rid of the marks which look like it came from someone wiping a dirty gritty almost light grade sandpaper like rag across the XPEL on the hood when it was at the shop last week.

Thanks in advance for any help. The guy who put the stuff on is now out of the business.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:58 PM
swmic

Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

I tried getting a couple of scuff marks out of my fender guards. I tried swirl mark remover and a couple of other things using a buffer and also by hand. I did not have much luck and ended replacing them. It will be interesting to see if someone knows how.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:27 AM
Midnight C4S
Pro

Well my fender guards are OK but the Xpel I had put on the front is what I'm currently dealing with. I've only had it for a few months so I'm hoping it doesn't need replacing as it's not that bad.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:38 AM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Wurth's Citrus Degreaser works for my fender guards. Car Car Online told me to use it.
Old 05-21-2005, 01:24 AM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can buff out light scuff marks in the plastic, just as you do on the car, using the same products. If they are not too deep, use a yellow pad w/SMR on your PC. If that doesn't work, try going to a more aggressive material. If the scuffs are too deep, replacement will be your only alternative.
Old 05-21-2005, 10:03 AM
Midnight C4S
Pro

Thanks Dan, PJ and Swmic, I'll do as you say today and let you know how it worked. The friend I have working with me on the car may have a few ideas as well. I've heard that there is a product called Plexis that may do the trick on the Xpel.... Thanks again for the input.

Quick Reply: clear bra scuff marks in need of polishing out