Sponsored by:

95 Cabriolet Top Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 01:39 PM
mrhude
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Cabriolet Top Question

Quick question about a new Cabriolet top problem that started this morning and yes, I did do a search on the old stuff and found nothing relevant. I don't want to be drawn and quartered, at least not today. (hint to mother superior)

I had the top motor recall done about two months ago. The top warning light intermittently comes on and stays on since the recall. This morning when I went to lower the top, you can hear the motor disengage the top locks but nothing happens. No motor in the back trying to lower the top, no hint of a broken cable sound, no nothing.

I checked fuse no. 13 in the front trunk and it appears to be intact, fuse for the top/ 30 amp. Any other suggestions that I am overlooking?? What would make this light stay on for the top after the recall?? Limit switch adjustment??

Thanks in advance for your help and I am grateful for this forum and the opportunity to post here and make new friends in a common love for our marque.
Old 05-08-2005, 09:25 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Have you checked all the limit switches in the back? You'll need to remove the carpeted panels, or at least the one on the passenger side. If those seem to be ok, you may have a controller malfunction.
Old 05-08-2005, 10:00 PM
swmic

Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

mrhude,

Check out this post. It's what I ended up doing after all the switches and fuse checked out ok. Its been fine ever since.

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/137428-convertible-top-problem-solved.html
Old 05-08-2005, 10:25 PM
hn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I don't know what exactly this recall is supposed to fix but the right latch is now squeaking worst than before even on a warm day.
Old 05-08-2005, 11:39 PM
rainmn
Instructor

The more posts I read about the recall, the more I'm considering not having it done. My top works perfectly, and the latches don't make any noises.....I'd like to keep it that way.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:57 PM
mrhude
Racer

Thanks for your help guys!!! It started working again which really bugs me. I would rather track down anything but an intermittent problem??
Old 05-10-2005, 11:05 AM
swmic

Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

My problem was intermittent also. One time it failed when the top just started opening. Needless to say, it was a hassle. That's what prompted me to go after the control unit.

Quick Reply: 95 Cabriolet Top Question