Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Times Are a Changin'.....(VERY LONG)

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 04:55 AM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great Post! I don't know if you remember, but I met you at an event at buttonwillow. Man you cram a lot of stuff into the front of Yellow Zonker. Pity its for sale, but thats how it goes I geuss!
~Eyal
Old 05-07-2005, 05:21 AM
Avenger6
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Kim - great story! I look forward to meeting you and your cars when I get to Monterey next month! I plan on putting out a "net call" to all Monterey Rennlisters for a meet and greet so I can get hooked into the scene there quickly. (Date TBD once I get on the ground there.) Even though you are doing the Miata stuff, I hope you can make it!
Old 05-07-2005, 07:45 AM
Tim Ashfield
Addict
Rennlist Member

Kim

Great to hear you are having the time of your life - all the best to you.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:42 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Great post. Love the story. Good luck with the rest of the season. Keep up posted as you continue to move up in the pack.
Thanks for a 'feel good' story. And the pix!
Old 05-07-2005, 09:10 AM
sweanders
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is a great story! Same addiction that made me end up in a Cup car.
Old 05-07-2005, 09:41 AM
graham_mitchell
Banned

Received 442 Likes on 241 Posts

Kim,

Thanks for a great post, and thanks again for the laps in YZ at LS. Sorry to hear that you are parting with her, but I hope we will continue to see you around on the board.

Cheers,
Graham
Old 05-07-2005, 10:37 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Kim,

Thanks for that great story!

I've "watched" thorugh Rennlist and numerous e-mails your progress as I've "grown" in a similar way.

It's always been a great pleasure to share e-mails, laughs, post and little grief too. Your "adventures" with Zonker and now with WMO has been entertaining & fun!

From firsts little mods, to Zonker, to that "small" car hauler to the Miata, you've always had great way of sharing it all.

Maybe funniest of all was painful battle to try to get you sell one of (hundreds of) sets of supercups you've filled your bedroom closets with, of course I lost that one and had to go and get me another set of supercups but trying to convince you get rid of just merely one set was painfully funny!

Not to mention other stuff what you have in that closet, other people might have skeleton in their closet but our Kim has a motor (or motors), couple of trannies, 28 tyres, 31 wheels, few spoilers, exhausts and who knows how many short shift kits and seats etc! I'd like to see that closet one day, it must've been "walk-in" one day but now probably is "open the door and get ready to be buried under motors".

Now that you have YZ and spare parts for sale I'm thinking of e-mailing you again for some of those spare parts but I don't think I can handle it...
You say they're for sale but I have my doubts!

Kim, thanks for everything so far, don't totally leave 993 forum, we need people like you and remember to keep that tiny little green thing screaming for mercy!
Old 05-07-2005, 11:07 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 342 Likes on 152 Posts

Kim...

You are one classy dude!

Times change, people, change, our rides change, it's all part of this thing called life. Enjoy racing what ever you chose to drive. Chime in once in awhile and keep us posted as to how you are doing. We turtles need to know that you are following the team philosophy. Do you know how lucky you are to have Laguna Seca in your back yard? I'm drooling right now, some one please bring me a cup before I make a mess here!!!!

I'll miss sending those cyber spankin's your way. You bum was fun target!

JoAnne
Old 05-07-2005, 08:48 PM
Suwipin
Three Wheelin'

Hehehe even with my short term memory(that's why I take pictures ), I could still remember most of those memories Kim.

It seems like yesterday when I emailed you about Mark's car...

And it's been a great adventure for both of us ever since....
Old 05-07-2005, 08:53 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Kim,

Great story. BTW - I'll be in Monterey on May 18-20th...you up for a dinner again?

Hope all is well.

Rick
Old 05-07-2005, 10:28 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 29 Posts

Kim,

Great story! Thanks for getting all of us caught up to your current racing status w/ the Miata. Good luck in '05. You couldn't have picked a better & more competitive form of racing. Congrats, Kim. Don't be a stranger. I love your car, btw. Maybe you can hold on to it until I'm ready to get a track car!!
Old 05-08-2005, 12:47 AM
Wreck Me Otter
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Thanks everyone!
Old 05-08-2005, 12:58 AM
nman413
Drifting

Rich, sounds like now is a good time Kim also has some nice trailers....
Old 05-08-2005, 01:58 AM
Kevin Reilly
Pro

Kim, as I posted yesterday I have been away from this board for a full year. Anyway, just a note to say I always enjoyed your posts (we started at about the same time) and really appreciated the time you bought something for me from Gert (so I got the benefit of your shipping charges).

All the best, Kevin
Old 05-08-2005, 04:19 AM
Brad '95 C4
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kim-
Seems like yesterday when we first met in '02 at THill. I remember you and Jeff Chan were just getting your taste for the track--I even remember giving you a ride in my prior '95 C4! It was fun as we were building out our '95 cars with all the mods! Now, you could definitely teach me a few lines on the track!! It is great to see your driving evolution--hopefully you'll come full circle back to a p-car sometime in future. For now, have a blast with SM racing and I be looking forward to seeing you on the podium with a win!!!

Whenever I'm down in your area I'll call to reminisce about all old times on Rennlist...discussing all our next mods we had ordered...funny how I'm still stuck in that mode....but now Jim Morton and I can carry on where you left off!!

Cheers, Brad

Quick Reply: Times Are a Changin'.....(VERY LONG)