Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To the 45 Members who want refunds

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 01:24 PM
ibdavid
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

This whole sitiation really saddens me, we all love Porsches and talking about them, don't we? Let's grow up and deal with punky people like we do in everyday life....ignore them!
Old 05-05-2005, 01:24 PM
Greg H.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Bob -

I think their point is that Rennlist IS responsible for not kicking certain people off the board. The Quitters are saying it is John and Jen's fault Rennlist is not run the way the Quitters want. I will really miss the "old guard" because they are such a vast storehouse of information. However, I think their attitude is wrong and hope they reconsider.

Greg H.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:25 PM
GratefulJED
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Sadly some of the biggest contributors have decided to leave. No refunds asked for, they have too much class for that"

Someone with class would would just leave privately, and maybe on the way out explain to John D. why in a PM.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:28 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

There are plenty of opportunities on Rennlist for members with expertise to share that knowledge and enjoy the exchange of help and ideas. To bail because of one non-technical thread and the interaction that ensued makes no sense to me, nor does the request for a refund.

So to the 45, who ever you are, please re-think your position and withdraw your request.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:29 PM
Ray Calvo
Passed On
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

UUUh - how many of these can you get a refund on if you decide to quit?
- Newspaper subscription
- Magazine subscription
- Your car registration (when you sell it)
- NRA
- PCA

I'm guessing none. So why should some unhappy folks get a refund of their membership?

(Guess you can see why I'm Treasurer for our local PCA region)
Old 05-05-2005, 01:30 PM
zoomzoom
Racer

Those who ask for refunds emphatically demonstrate their selfishness towards the community.

Despite their head knowledge, their hearts don't deserve membership of RL. If they want out, I say show them the door. There are plenty of other Porschephiles with equivalent/better knowledge who, I am sure, will gladly assist in in these peoples absence.

Change is inevitable. Let's embrace it.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:33 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray Calvo
UUUh - how many of these can you get a refund on if you decide to quit?
- Newspaper subscription
- Magazine subscription
- Your car registration (when you sell it)
- NRA
- PCA

I'm guessing none. So why should some unhappy folks get a refund of their membership?

(Guess you can see why I'm Treasurer for our local PCA region)
Ray,

Newspapers and magazines wil pro-rate your subscription if you want a refund, although it's been many years since I've asked for money back from either media type. Also, here in Maryland, because you're paying for two years, the MVA will refund part of your registration if you don't exceed a certain time period.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:40 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

John
I was going to send this as an email, but saw this thread.
IMO there is a huge distinction between a voluntary & an involuntary departure from Rennlist. If you ban a member, by all means you should refund the membership charge on a prorated basis. However, there should be no refund to someone who decides to give up his/her membership.
Regardless of who is leaving or why, or whether the past few days were handled well or poorly by the Admins, or whose ox was gored, you will be setting a very bad precedent by taking that action.
Those people paid their little bit of money for a membership which they received.
There was no breach by Rennlist.
Don't act like there was.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:42 PM
zoomzoom
Racer

Originally Posted by Dan 96C2 St.Louis
John
I was going to send this as an email, but saw this thread.
IMO there is a huge distinction between a voluntary & an involuntary departure from Rennlist. If you ban a member, by all means you should refund the membership charge on a prorated basis. However, there should be no refund to someone who decides to give up his/her membership.
Regardless of who is leaving or why, or whether the past few days were handled well or poorly by the Admins, or whose ox was gored, you will be setting a very bad precedent by taking that action.
Those people paid their little bit of money for a membership which they received.
There was no breach by Rennlist.
Don't act like there was.
Well said. I definitely second this one.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:47 PM
pedsurg
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What thread are we (you) talking about?
Old 05-05-2005, 02:00 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 524 Likes on 346 Posts
Talking Is there a full moon?

How could anyone ask for a refund for a public board? I think I have the answer..Jenn and John should send refund checks to those requesting them, provided the requestees provide proff that they have under gone a lobotomy. That way the requestee will have been cleansed of all the "evil" imparted to them from Rennlist, along with all the knowledge they have acquired.

I love Rennlist...I have learned a lot, met a lot of great folks and have been able to buy and sell lots of parts. I just renewed my current membership for two (2) more years, a whole $32.00. I receive that much value in a day somedays, usually more!

As Chris Walrod says, "Is this a Great Place or what?"
Old 05-05-2005, 02:00 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 435 Likes on 326 Posts

What I don't understand is why people are so upset over one thread. If something like this would happen in public, you would walk away. I lost interest in the thread along time ago, but started seeing all these new threads, and thought, what did I miss? I looked, nothing............

Makes you wonder, if these people goto a bad movie, do they ask for a refund?
Old 05-05-2005, 02:07 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

I think I'll come back to the 993 board in a week or two when this crap all dies off. This whole thing seems ridiculous to me. It makes me think I must have missed something.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:05 PM
Adrienne
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Refunds...what a crock!

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!

A refund for people getting upset about something? Where is that in the Rennlist charter?
Old 05-05-2005, 04:12 PM
garychios
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which thread started this BS? I have been looking. As for the refunds, thats retarded!

Quick Reply: To the 45 Members who want refunds