Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AC Fan acting like its on CRACK....

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005 | 06:29 PM
STAR57
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default AC Fan acting like its on CRACK....

Hi Guys;

Occasionally when i turn the AC on the fan goes haywire, up/down inconsistent flow, after a while it stays OK.
Any idea
Old 04-19-2005 | 09:41 PM
mr_bock
Three Wheelin'

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

I am not sure if I am having the same problem.... I noticed with the AC fan on, and I am on the gas, the fan goes to a reduced speed. When off the gas, fan speed goes back up. I don't know if there is a cut out of the AC to boost engine power, or if there is a vacuum leak. Does anyone have any information on this??? Thanks!
Old 04-19-2005 | 11:38 PM
STAR57
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy

I have noticed that its only in the first 3 to 5 minutes when I start up, I need to tee up with other 993 owners here in the area and compare.
I know my fan is not 100%, any ideas how the fan is regulated or how the climate controls logic works ??

FF
Old 04-23-2005 | 01:02 PM
farmerjohn
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a problem with my A/C fan that may be related. If the blower motor (in the engine compartment) has been disconnected, the fan will not blow correctly unless the temp switch is set all the way on the coldest setting. Apparently to keep us from sucking exhaust fumes thru the heater system. It seems that some mechanics foget to reconnect the fan after servicing. Look in the left side of the engine compartment, follow the wire out of the blower to the connector to see if it's hooked up.
Old 04-23-2005 | 01:17 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Me too. Mine is just crazy. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. When it is not, I have to turn on and off the recirculating button, then the fan kicks into high gear. And, it makes a squealing kind of noise sometimes. I hate Porsche climate control, Lousy air conditioning, yuk. I think they finally got it right with the 996 but who wants one of those?

Quick Reply: AC Fan acting like its on CRACK....