Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Spoiler Grill Painted (Arena Red)- Addtl Photos

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 01:24 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 920 Likes on 556 Posts

Looks like you repainted the whole car, not just the grill. Spectacular.
Old 04-04-2005, 03:12 PM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Received 340 Likes on 238 Posts

Dave:
Thanks for the compliment. I think the good lighting helps. We're a little overkill with fixtures in the hangar.

Coleman:
I'll get down to the hangar tonight and start cleaning

Adrienne:
I bought a new grill because I didn't think I could pull the old one out without breaking it, and didn't want to spend the time to try and save it. Also, as you mentioned, painting the old one after 100 coats of wax, Vinylex, etc. Who knows what problems this would cause with paint adhesion, fish eyes and so on. I just cut the center out of the old grill and peeled up the edges.

Terry:
Thanks. A lot of Zaino and good lighting.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:47 PM
nycarrera
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful Car. How do you keep that floor so perfect. Its absolutely Spotless!
Godspeed
Old 04-04-2005, 05:10 PM
John Cotter
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mike cap
Sergio,

Hi and thanks. You're right, I'm a sucker for air-cooled flat six engines. The A36 has about 1,750 hours total on the airframe and about 250 hours since overhaul on the engine. The engine is very dry, once in a while I get an oil drip from a pushrod tube - that's about it. The engine was rebuilt by Ultimate Engines in Mena Arkansas. Many new parts, including cylinders and a higher performance cam. Ultimate 'tricks' and balances these aircraft engines quite a bit, as much as is allowed by the FAA. The plane actually trues out about 5 knots faster than book (about 178 knots TAS) with this engine, but burns a bit more fuel than book. Guess there's no free lunch, huh?

But isn't that what fuel is for---Going Faster....
Old 03-05-2006, 03:01 AM
Sumday
Intermediate

Mike, Both rides look really nice. I never thought the painted grill would make such a difference.

Are you running balanced injectors on the IO-550? I used to fly an F33 quite a bit with a balanced and blueprinted IO-550. It was turbonormalized and running the balanced injectors it burned about 14gph at 50 degrees lean of peak (195 KTAS at FL210). It was the only Bonanza (well piston aircraft engine actually) I've ever flown that didn't burn any oil or have the oil turn dark after 10hrs.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:35 PM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Received 340 Likes on 238 Posts

Sumday,

Thanks for the note and compliment on the rides. The A36 is a 1987 with the IO550. The engine was balanced and blueprinted by Ultimate Engines in Mena, Arkansas. It isn't turbo-normalized, but I am considering that upgrade.

Yes, I use the GAMI balanced injectors, but still run 50 F rich of peak. It still runs a bit rough at 50 F lean of peak and, while I have a GEM monitor, the display is not precise enough to do the calculations to allow me to determine what injectors to change to dial it in. 57W trues out at 178 knots consistently and burns about 17 GPH at 75% power. It is a wonderful airplane to fly - as you know from the F33A, you feel like million bucks just flying that these wonderful airplanes. They are a delight to fly.

BTW, the F33A with the TN conversion would be my all time choice for an airplane. No more handsome airplane was ever built - but I do enjoy the space of the A36. My previous Bonanza was a V35B - tell me again why I ever sold it?

Take care and thanks again for the note.

Mike Cap
1997 C2
Arena Red
Old 03-05-2006, 01:13 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

You know, a three spoke wheel would look good on that plane

Quick Reply: Rear Spoiler Grill Painted (Arena Red)- Addtl Photos