Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zaino makes arctic silver almost look like polar silver

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005 | 07:53 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Default Zaino makes arctic silver almost look like polar silver

I just love my Zaino. Carnubas probably provide more depth (particularly for colors) but cant beat the longevity of a synthetic. I washed my car this weekend but havent applied Zaino (Z5/Z2) in quite some time. Results are still great.
Attached Images   
Old 04-03-2005 | 08:03 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Looks great but you are missing the boat if you are not using Rejex.

I washed my car yesterday and was just still stunned as to how nice my car shines and beads up after that one app of Rejex way back when, can't even remember that far back now. Altz, I'm sure of it, but I digress.

I will say it again, it's the best product I have used in 37 years of taking care of my cars personally.

Didn't mean to turn this into a Rejex fest but it's true.

You car still looks fantastic either way, now rest up that arm.
Old 04-03-2005 | 08:08 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Alan, i have never tried rejex i will admit. I have been using zaino for 10yrs and have never found anything that beats it for combination of durability/longevity, shine, ease of use, etc. However, I am always up to try a new product, so next time around I will give it a shot. Since it too is a synthetic, can it be layered on top of my Zaino?
Old 04-03-2005 | 08:19 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

No... you do have to remove all the wax and get the paint looking as good as possible with compounds and the like. One you have that surface flawless, then you apply the Rejex. You wipe it on and wipe it off. It is so easy you will be amazed. Then I think you have to let it cure out of the sun for about 12 hours or so. Then just forget about anything but washing you car again. It is really still as nice as the day I applied it. I washed it yesterday and was still amazed at how the bugs on the bumper just melted away and it beaded up like I just finished waxing it. After drying the surface was still as slick as ever... no contaminant build up of any kind. Damn... they should be paying me.

After using Rejex you will never utter the word Zaino again.
Old 04-03-2005 | 09:45 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Regarding Rejex....

What is it? A polymer? Or some sort of wax?

And, does it leave any white residue in the chrome or rubber areas? I don't care for such.

I used Zaino on my Vette back in 2001. I found it great, but time consuming with all the Dawn washes to remove underlying waxes, then the Z1, Z2, Z3 or whatever sequence there was.

But, I will tell you this. Nothing smells better than Zaino!! I love the scent. And, BTW, it works great and lasts a long time. But.... one needs to apply it in an atmosphere that is not heavy with moisture..... i.e., low humidity. Otherwise you will have a problem with smearing. And, it goes on very lightly.... wet terry sponge with just a spray or two of Zaino. The spray on and wipe off of Z3 (or was it Z4) worked great after all the other stuff was applied. Still, a lot of time to apply initially.

For the last couple years, I've use the BOM ()Regarding Rejex....

what is it? A polymer?

And, does it leave any white residue in the chrome or rubber areas?

I used Zaino on my Vette back in 2001. I found it great, but time consuming with all the Dawn washes to remove underlying waxes, then the Z1, Z2, Z3 or whatever sequence there was.

But, I will tell you this. Nothing smells better than Zaino!! I love the sent. And, BTW, it works great and last a long time. But.... one needs to apply it in an atmosphere that is not heavy with moisture..... i.e., low humidity. Otherwise you will have a problem with smearing. The spray on and wipe off of Z3 (or was it Z4) worked great after all the other stuff was applied.

For the last couple years, I've use the BOM... http://badtothebom.com/ ...and like it a great deal. The ease of appllication, wiping off, use on any surface... like vinyl, glass, chrome, plastic, rubber, etc..... is terrific. No white residue... and lasts a long time. I drove my P-car in the rain this afternoon and the surface "beads" .... and I BOM'd the car last fall and ran it this winter for 1500 miles.

I may buy some Rejex just to see how it works. Didn't find a website, but several "aftermarket" sellers of the product. Could be kewl.... Anyone have a website for this product?

I'd like others with experience to chime in on this product.

Thanx..... and like it a great deal. The ease of application, wiping off, use on any surface... like vinyl, glass, chrome, rubber, etc..... is terrific. No white residue... and lasts a long time. I drove my P-car in the rain this afternoon and the surface "beads" like yesterday.... and I BOM'd the car last fall and ran it this winter for 1500 miles.

I may buy some Rejex just to see how it works. Didn't find a website, but several "aftermarket" sellers of the product. Could be kewl....

I'd like others with experience to chime in on this product.

Thanx.....
Old 04-03-2005 | 10:53 PM
rcwelch
Addict
Rennlist Member

Who was it on the board that had a dark colored car and used Rejex and had a lot of trouble with it streaking. I too would matbe try it but I love my Zaino and as I have a dark car, I think I will stay put.
Old 04-03-2005 | 11:06 PM
bet
Drifting

mrsullivan,

Unless you are just itching to try another detailing product (which there is nothing wrong with that ) save you $$$ on the Rejex. I have used both Rejex and Zaino (both the old Z2 and the new Z2-Pro). There really isn't muct difference in the two products. Both require well prepped surfaces for maximum effect. Both require no oils, fillers, waxes, etc. for max durability. Both have a highly reflective type of look.

Zaino can be layered with multiple coats using ZFX, Rejex requires a 12 hour cure period. Rejex is cheaper than Zaino.

The deal killer for Rejex for me is the Z6 gloss enhancer by Zaino. This is my favorite detailing product. Nothing packs as much slickness and gloss in such an easy application, and it just works so well with Zaino.

If you are a detailing fanatic then I would also suggest trying out Glanz Wax by Einszett (synthetic wax). Great durability but with a warmer, deeper look than Zaino or Rejex. Einszett also makes my favorite car soap, Perls. It contains some of the synthetic wax in the soap (so don't use it if you plan on applying Zaino or Rejex) and looks just awesome. Lackfinish is also a very good detailing spray. I use the Einszett stuff on my wife's black daily driver.
Old 04-03-2005 | 11:22 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

I agree with bet....

The Z6 spray on and wipe off stuff is the best!! Unfortunately, I'm a lazy dude and don't wanna strip my vehicle, spend the time with several applilcations of this and that Zaino product (which I have) and THEN DRIVE IT!

I wanna do the least labor intensive job... and let it look great at the refueling station or at 85 mph plus. Who wants to spend a couple three hours cleaning and detailing the 993 to drive it? If you wanna watch other folks comment on the "depth o'shine", then Zaino away. I'd rather spend 15 mintues and drive the car. JMHO, tho.

I'd BOM the beast and drive!
Old 04-03-2005 | 11:53 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Jonathan,

Great job! What a pristine example!
Old 04-04-2005 | 12:20 AM
texas911
Race Car

Nice, I use Rejex on my wheels. But you know for us Texans, Rejex can't be applied when temps are above 85 degrees. I tend to wash/detail my car in the afternoon, my house shades the driveway in the afternoon and in the summer it won't be cool enough. Zaino works great with the ZFX to speed up the drying process and the new Z2 Pro works even better.
Old 04-04-2005 | 12:27 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

zaino z6 is like crack-cocaine to me... I even keep a bottle with a MF towel in the "trunk"...

I use Einszett products also...but post-dawn wash and pre-zaino. I use the red can (metallic polish), followed by "waxsoft", then start the zaino process. My favorite place to use Einszett stuff is on the interior... I use the "gummifledge" stick on my weather seals every time I detail the car, and the plastic cleaner is great on the interior... leaves a very "German" smell also

Tony, thanks for the compliments - still havent found someone I trust to do my sportseat backs like yours...
Old 04-04-2005 | 12:51 AM
phatbut
Racer

jonathan...I have a fully Zaino kit sitting in my closet still waiting for me to apply. You just got me motivated. I just have to find the time.

Tony (Air Kuul)...you wanna make it a weekend. We can do both our cars.
Old 04-04-2005 | 02:19 AM
SR71BLACKBIRD
Racer

RCWELCH: whenever my Iris Blue gets together with yours like this weekend your Zainoed Iris puts mine to shame as your blue just reflects the light and brings out the deep blue color better than mine and makes mine looking like Sh...... Its really apparent on the two Iris Twins as I have always commented to you.

I have been using "The Treatment" will be switching to Zaino as soon as I get a chance to start polishing.
Old 04-04-2005 | 02:24 AM
mnmblu
Drifting

Ya can lead a horse to water...

Go here to read about it.

http://www.corrosionx.com/rejex.html
Old 04-04-2005 | 02:31 AM
rcwelch
Addict
Rennlist Member

Scott...check your email

Quick Reply: Zaino makes arctic silver almost look like polar silver