Sponsored by:

SuperCup's or MaxFlo's...??

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 05:01 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Franklin....

Sounds OK by be, m'friend. When the weather starts acting like spring, we'll hook up.

BTW, I had my C4S at Musante Motor Sports in South Windsor CT (where Gert's m030s and HDs will be installed in a couple weeks).... I asked the dude there about the Cups vs the Flos. He said the same as you... the Cups are freaking loud.

I'm tending toward the Flos... sorta like a Harley with straight pipes. Nice to hear on someone else's bike from a distance.
Old 04-02-2005, 07:21 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

will someone do an audio recording of the different exhausts at this meet?...would be invaluable to rennlisters I think...although maybe this is asking too much (?)....

Old 04-03-2005, 12:54 AM
96C4S
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

guys what muffler is louder rsr or maxflows?
Old 04-03-2005, 01:03 AM
winsome
Instructor

I just changed to maxflo and they really sound great when heard from outside. some resonant when stepping on throttle, light throttle its ok (cruising). Plenty loud i think if you use the car daily. Compare to cargraphic which I use before its quite a bit louder and sounds much better.

I think supercup is too loud for daily use.
Old 04-03-2005, 05:06 AM
Johnny_B
Instructor

After having the Supercups for a couple months now I have to say they would be too loud for daily use in my case. I am a weekend driver and for the times I go out the cups are perfect - they complete the total driving experience for me. But if I have to endure them everyday - especially early in the am - I would go nuts.
Old 04-03-2005, 06:54 AM
solsrch
Pro

Originally Posted by 96C4S
guys what muffler is louder rsr or maxflows?
Maxflows.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:06 AM
Franklin229
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by solsrch
Maxflows.
ditto
Old 04-03-2005, 02:03 PM
William Green
Instructor

Fitted a set of Maxflo's recently, wonderful. There is a little resonance, but I changed gear and make sing some more

I did a sound clip of the OEM then the maxflo's, here is the link.

http://uk.geocities.com/wgg@btintern...Sounds/993.ZIP
Old 04-05-2005, 11:08 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Will Green....

Thanx a bunch, m'friend. The original stocker sound sorta sounded like a thrashing machine in Kansas. But, the Max's were beautific...!!

Altho, I'm still waiting to hear the Cups and the Flo's in New England in a couple weeks.... I gotta say, that the Maxflow's sound like what I want my 993 to echo.

Thanx again.....
Old 04-05-2005, 11:21 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

It was a beautiful spring day today so I took the 993 out while I was heading to two appointments. Maybe I'm just becoming deaf but, even with my first generation, completely baffleless Supercups, I don't think they're overy loud. In fact, they're darn near quiet (okay, a slight exaggeration but...) and I was thinking that running a cat bypass would make the sound just about perfect for me...
Old 04-05-2005, 11:25 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Mark, TRUST ME, YOU DO NOT WANT TO DO THAT! Chris (ceboyd) runs sport cats and earlier generation supercups, and (sorry Chris) they sound god-aweful. It's a tremendously loud droning burrrrrrr. I approached her on the track once from behind and I started looking up because I thought I was getting buzzed by a jet plane or something. It certainly didn't sound like a car.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:27 AM
solsrch
Pro

Looks like a set of Maxflows on ebay, although the title doesn't say that. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...541299519&rd=1
Old 04-06-2005, 10:28 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Thanks, Eric. If I made a cat mod, I wouldn't spend the money on sport cats; rather, I'd just ditch put in a cat by-pass. I seriously doubt if I'll do it, even though I don't feel that the Cups are all that loud from the inside.

I've heard enough cars with open mufflers and no cats on a quiet morning at the track to know that the sound is music to my ears but also loud enough to wake up the dead.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:00 AM
jdoc7
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark, TRUST ME, YOU DO NOT WANT TO DO THAT! Chris (ceboyd) runs sport cats and earlier generation supercups, and (sorry Chris) they sound god-aweful. It's a tremendously loud droning burrrrrrr. I approached her on the track once from behind and I started looking up because I thought I was getting buzzed by a jet plane or something. It certainly didn't sound like a car.
I'll have to agree with Eric. I had Fabspeed Cat-bypasses with a set of RSR's and I took them off the same day I put them on. I love the loud sounf of Supercups but deleting the cat makes the exhaust note sound horrid! It sounded like a"Blatt", so uncharacteristically Porsche or any sports car for that matter and that was with RSR's I can't imagine what bypasses and supercups must sound like. Inside the car, it wasn't too bad but when I let my father in law drive it by me, I was totally embarrased of the sound. I do not recommend cat bypasses for any reason!
Old 04-07-2005, 12:30 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you don't mind being heard by every cop in the county. The RSR are absolutely perfect in my opinion. They have the best of both worlds without being labeled a boy racer. It is music to my ear to hear those gurggling sounds under decompression. Everyone loves the sound. They get louder as they wear in too. Anything louder screams, LOOK AT ME.
I think Christian has those supercups and you can hear him driving down Sunset for about a mile before he arrives for our Malibu runs in the morning.

Quick Reply: SuperCup's or MaxFlo's...??