Sponsored by:

passenger airbag deactivation bar

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005 | 03:42 PM
B Burnham
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default passenger airbag deactivation bar

Hello, I am brand new to the list, and I can already tell that it is going to be a great source of information. I am picking up a 1997 993 cab tomorrow and I am wondering if any knows if the deactivation bar from a 2001 boxster (my last car) will work in this model. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-27-2005 | 04:13 PM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Don't know. I would recommend, as an alternative, an airbag switch as sold by www.airbagonoff.com. I've no affiliation other than that I have one in my 97 cab and one in my 94 325i. In this way you can use any car seat or none at all and still deactivate the airbag. Good luck.

You are right about this being a great source of information. I would encourage you, since you are so well enlightened already about the benefits of Rennlist, to join up and support the cause. Welcome to Rennlist and post pictures once you pick up your car!
Old 03-28-2005 | 01:13 AM
Solitude
Racer

I don't think so. They have differnt part #. BTW, save yourself some time. I've try calling every Porsche dealer in America and not one have the 993 airbag deactive bar. I even post Top$$$ paid for a used one. In the end, I went w/ the airbag off switch as Father of 3 suggested...

Quick Reply: passenger airbag deactivation bar