Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suggestions on car transporter please!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 08:37 PM
Curt911
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would stick with Intercity, Passport (owned now by FedEx), and Concours, they are equipped to handle the car without a motor. Most open carrier trucks are not. DAS would not be my first choice either as they could be a lot of handling since they use terminals and other trucks as needed to keep their trucks full as they come across the country. Many have used them with luck, but I think thats what they had, good luck. The more times your car is loaded or unloaded, more drivers or employees that come into contact with it, the greater chance of a boo-boo or for one of them to take a joy ride (though that shhould not be a problem in this case).

Intercity Lines is a site sponsor and prob has more experience hauling Porsches than any of the above mentioned carriers. At least let Dave give you a quote. I had trucks leased to Passport and they are just as good.

I have not heard many bad things from Concours either.

If your going to consider DAS then you might check with Wagoneers too, they would prob be the cheapest enclosed choice.

Do a search on transport and see other threads where I posted contact info for a few more.

Don't go with a broker for sure.

Quick Reply: Suggestions on car transporter please!!