Bozomobile progress report: pictures

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 12:33 AM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 278 Likes on 139 Posts
Default Bozomobile progress report: pictures

Did some work today and in true bozo fashion, I muffed the mirror placements... Well, actually, it turns out that my doors are not from a 73 - the electric power window switch and speaker holes kinda attest to that... So when I used the mirror holes, well, the placement of the passenger one was kinda off... (apparently there WAS no passenger mirror in 73, ha)... Still, Bozo does not give a fig - he now has 2 mirrors that do not fold (the foldable ones are for sale ;-) and the chrome complements the headlights nicely, methink...

The existing mirrors - the ones that fold automatically at speed ? well they were not Porsche items either, so much for that. So when I removed the passenger one, it left 2 nice extra holes in the door that should not be there and cannot be covered by the replacement.... fine, she's no beauty queen, she'll do until I paint her !

The dash has cracks, more cracks than a legion of butts in fact. but Bozo could not stand the Dash Toupee that was on the car. Carpet is carpet... I'll take the cracks ! (note the door panels are off for now, RS panels coming next week)

And a complimentary Butt shot with the beautiful matching brown on blue plate combo ;-)

Old 03-20-2005, 12:47 AM
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 18 Posts

The car already looks better w/ the OEM side mirrors. I don't really care for 'dem plastic ones!

Also, the chromed H4s (?) look great. Can't wait to see the completion of Bozo's project.
Old 03-20-2005, 01:01 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 167 Likes on 100 Posts

Greg

FWIW the position of the two mirrors is different from driver side to passenger side. I am not sure if this is what you meant, but I was surprised to find that out on my 993 when I replaced for CF mirrors. Where you had the mirror initially on the passenger side was correct.

Beautiful car BTW.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:19 AM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello Greg,

You have a beauty there... the blue licence plate is not your doing

A suggestion regarding the dash cracks. If you are the ripe age of your car, you are festooned with wrinkles... I call mine character enhancers. But ChipsAway should be able to clean your dash nicely.

Like a boob job (known as California add ons in ROW) but for dashboards.
Old 03-20-2005, 11:10 AM
nman413
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jean, any pics of the carbon mirrors?
Old 03-20-2005, 12:10 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 167 Likes on 100 Posts

Jauder, you can see them on my car in the TT forum. Maybe they were not very visible. I can send you another picture once I get home.
Old 03-20-2005, 01:10 PM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 278 Likes on 139 Posts

Re: the mirror position... I know the previous "holes" would have worked better but that location is as good as unreachable with conventional mirror bolts - and that hole pattern did not match the "good" mirror, plus you gotta take out the whole window to get there... There were 2 mirror holes in the door already done by porsche, just like the driver side, but those are too far fwd for the passenger side as I found out after using them ;-). Why did they put them there, I wonder, unless it's just a mirror stamping of the driver door...

No matter, sooner or later (most likely laterunless I find a nice 993 driver someday) the car will get a paint job and when it does I'll just delete the passenger mirror altogether. I have a neck, I can use it ;-)
Old 03-20-2005, 06:44 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 59 Likes on 23 Posts

It looks sweet Greg. Much better with the chrome stuff anyway. You should get the nice RS replica seats too
Keep us posted on the progress!

Quick Reply: Bozomobile progress report: pictures