Sponsored by:

So it begins -

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 02:55 PM
CarmG993
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking So it begins -

Well I can't think of the words to describe how useful this site is, and thank all the individuals that have come together in providing information, DIY's, ideas, mods, stories and the like.
Anyways - I have had my car for about 4 weeks, haven't been able to really drive it due to the weather to truely enjoy it.
Yesterday had the oil changed and a P-mechanic look things over, and give it his blessing. It was a good chance to get a look at the under carriage, the suspension and such, car was pretty clean. Need to do some maintenance - belts, flush brake and trans/clutch fluid. Hope to be doing those in the next month this way I have a starting point on when items have been done. Today I lubed the pedal assembly, I had a sticky clutch pedal and a squeaky throttle. Quick look at P-Car.com and all better now. Wife and I took her out for a quick 30 min. jaunt and all seems OK. It is amazing how many people have camera phones, must have had pic taken 5 times.
The car definitely breaks the tires loose rather easily when pulling away.
I have a slight reverb with the exhaust, and a mechanical sound when the car is warmed up good and sititng idling. P-mechanic says it is nothing, and on the 3.8l conv's and LWF he has done the cars had the same characteristic. I will keep an eye on and get use to it.
The slippery slope- short shift kit (not sure which one), door sills, 3-spoke steering wheel, mats, refinish wheels, refinish front bumper (end of summer).
Hope to see some of the locals this spring.

Last edited by CarmG993; 03-07-2005 at 12:24 AM.
Old 03-06-2005, 03:03 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Exactly as you said!
Its the cars that brings you here, and its the people that make you stay
Old 03-07-2005, 12:27 AM
Tour18
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a good place to hang.
Old 03-07-2005, 04:27 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like the car is well sorted. Hope to meet up some time as the weather seems like it is improving.

Have fun!
Old 03-07-2005, 04:55 PM
993 Guy
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Run Out East

Originally Posted by Arrwin
Sounds like the car is well sorted. Hope to meet up some time as the weather seems like it is improving.

Have fun!
Since I'm seeing that there are a bunch of "TriState" guys here who would like to meet up I'd like to suggest an outing that may be of interest. I participate in a local Ferrari Club that's very active in doing events and "runs" in the TriState. Let me know if anyone is interested in joining on the ROE or any other outing we have. We do quite a few "Early Riser" runs on Sunday (in the sunny weather) and if you like Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc. you'll have a blast. There's always something going on where you can enjoy your P-car while in the company of other car nuts like us.

Here's a link for more info...feel free to PM me as well. Looking forward to meeting more local P-car folks!

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/sho...18&postcount=1

Last edited by 993 Guy; 03-07-2005 at 06:51 PM.
Old 03-07-2005, 05:25 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 993 Guy
Since I'm seeing that there are a bunch of "TriState" guys here who would like to meet up I'd like to suggest an outing that may be of interest. I participate in a local Ferrari Club that's very active in doing events and "runs" in the TriState. Let me know if anyone is interested in joining on the ROE or any other outing we have. We do quite a few "Early Riser" runs on Sunday (in the sunny weather) and if you like Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc. you'll have a blast. Ther's always something going on where you can enjoy your P-car while in the company of other car nuts like us.

Here's a link for more info...feel free to PM me as well. Looking forward to meeting more local P-car folks!

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/sho...18&postcount=1
Thanks for the link. I browse FerrariChat from time to time, beautiful cars.

The ROE sounds fun and if nothing comes up, i'm planning on attending. Is there a caravan that normally drives up? What does the event entail? Appears to be a lunch and concours type event(?).
Old 03-07-2005, 05:29 PM
993 Guy
Pro

Thanks for the link. I browse FerrariChat from time to time, beautiful cars.

The ROE sounds fun and if nothing comes up, i'm planning on attending. Is there a caravan that normally drives up? What does the event entail? Appears to be a lunch and concours type event(?).
The truth is that the real fun is in the caravan out there. To say the least it is a true event to see 20-30 Ferraris, multiple Porsche and Lamborghinis traveling at a rapid pace down the LIE. For this particular event there is a fee that is used for food (lunch) and site charges at the winery. When I tell you that you will have a blast...it's an understatement. Just make sure that you bring gas money and your PBA card...
Old 03-07-2005, 05:35 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

The truth is that the real fun is in the caravan out there. To say the least it is a true event to see 20-30 Ferraris, multiple Porsche and Lamborghinis traveling at a rapid pace down the LIE. For this particular event there is a fee that is used for food (lunch) and site charges at the winery. When I tell you that you will have a blast...it's an understatement. Just make sure that you bring gas money and your PBA card...
Where do you guys meet for the caravan out there? Probably doesn't make sense for me to drive out to NJ and then back into NY seeing that I live in Queens? I guess I can always wait on the shoulder of the LIE for the congo line of F-cars and P-Cars...and whatever supercars people can come up with.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:28 PM
993 Guy
Pro

Where do you guys meet for the caravan out there? Probably doesn't make sense for me to drive out to NJ and then back into NY seeing that I live in Queens? I guess I can always wait on the shoulder of the LIE for the congo line of F-cars and P-Cars...and whatever supercars people can come up with.
Always different meeting places depending on destination. I would imagine that a group will meet in NYC and then join another group on the Island before going out together. I'll keep you posted...
Old 03-07-2005, 06:33 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Always different meeting places depending on destination. I would imagine that a group will meet in NYC and then join another group on the Island before going out together. I'll keep you posted...
Please keep me posted. Thanks!

Quick Reply: So it begins -