Sponsored by:

Eibach & Bilstein HD Set up

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005 | 12:59 PM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Default Eibach & Bilstein HD Set up

Good Morning

I few questions on the above set up. I have a 97 Carrera C2S. Which Eibach springs match with this car? Eibach makes two models for our cars. The model # 7208 140 which lowers the car 1.3 in front and 1 in the rear and claims to be all the rear wheel drive models (coupe, cabrio, targa) and also makes model # 7209 140 which lower the car 1.5 front and back for the TT and C4S the all wheel drive models. Which category do I fall in (Yes I know I have just rear wheel drive)?

Secondly I currently have the sleeveless Bilstein HD's on the car and I am looking to lower it some. The car will see 20% DE track time and 80% spring/summer city of Chicago driving. I have done the the track thing a few times but eager to improve and learn, by this I mean that even if you put a $10K suspension system it is questionable how much faster I would be and I probably do not out drive the stock suspension currently. Let's face it people these are phenomenal cars from the start and first we must learn to drive them well and get seat time before any of this other stuff makes a significant difference. I am considering the ROW M030 with sways and lowering sleeves but is this too much for someone like me. Would I maybe be better served with just a set of Eibach's for this season and then move progressively? A set of Eibach's is $150 used to $300 new no big loss if I do not like them. I have searched and read many previous posts. Most like the ROW M030 with sways. But there are many that swear by the Eibach (or H&R) and Bistein HD set up. The real difference in my eyes any way is the Bilstein HDs. Any thoughts and pictures.

Please do not respond with "search the topic it has been covered" it is a pet peeve of mine, I have already and still think that this is a required question. Thank you in advance for your time.

AG Damis
Old 02-26-2005 | 04:09 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

If you don't have a Turbo or a C4S, you fall in the other category. Having said that, Eibach springs are not the best for your car. You might want to consider either H&R or factory ROW M030. Extensive discussions on this subject in this forum. A search would generate a wealth of info.

Originally Posted by agdamis
Please do not respond with "search the topic it has been covered" it is a pet peeve of mine, I have already and still think that this is a required question.
Too bad.
Old 02-26-2005 | 07:28 PM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Viken,

As I said earlier I have searched and I have read a lot of the information. Your info in previous posts has been particularly helpful and much of the "wealth." Thanks for your opinion and contributions.

"Too bad." => Not contucive to a helpful forum. Rather disappointing.

AG Damis
Old 02-26-2005 | 10:33 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Good Morning

I few questions on the above set up. I have a 97 Carrera C2S. Which Eibach springs match with this car? Eibach makes two models for our cars. The model # 7208 140 which lowers the car 1.3 in front and 1 in the rear and claims to be all the rear wheel drive models (coupe, cabrio, targa) and also makes model # 7209 140 which lower the car 1.5 front and back for the TT and C4S the all wheel drive models. Which category do I fall in (Yes I know I have just rear wheel drive)?

Secondly I currently have the sleeveless Bilstein HD's on the car and I am looking to lower it some. The car will see 20% DE track time and 80% spring/summer city of Chicago driving. I have done the the track thing a few times but eager to improve and learn, by this I mean that even if you put a $10K suspension system it is questionable how much faster I would be and I probably do not out drive the stock suspension currently. Let's face it people these are phenomenal cars from the start and first we must learn to drive them well and get seat time before any of this other stuff makes a significant difference. I am considering the ROW M030 with sways and lowering sleeves but is this too much for someone like me. Would I maybe be better served with just a set of Eibach's for this season and then move progressively? A set of Eibach's is $150 used to $300 new no big loss if I do not like them. I have searched and read many previous posts. Most like the ROW M030 with sways. But there are many that swear by the Eibach (or H&R) and Bistein HD set up. The real difference in my eyes any way is the Bilstein HDs. Any thoughts and pictures.

Please do not respond with "search the topic it has been covered" it is a pet peeve of mine, I have already and still think that this is a required question. Thank you in advance for your time.

AG Damis

I've done a search of YOUR 56 posts. Most of them
have been suspension questions. What is it your looking for? Do you
need someone to make the decision for you?
Old 02-26-2005 | 10:37 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

If all you want to do is lower the car just cut the springs. Hope that was helpful.

Last edited by Greg Fishman; 02-26-2005 at 11:23 PM.
Old 02-26-2005 | 11:00 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Good Morning

AG Damis
Those springs SUCK. Handling is far worse than M030.
I have posted that opinion before as have others and would have suggested a search if you hadn't said it would offend you for me to suggest that. Now I would post even more of the details that I (and others) have previously posted about those springs, but I have already done that and don't feel like typing them again.
Old 02-26-2005 | 11:15 PM
E. J. - 993 Alumni
Drifting

Originally Posted by SundayDriver
Now I would post even more of the details that I (and others) have previously posted about those springs, but I have already done that and don't feel like typing them again.
Me too. I mean do we really need yet another thread about 993 suspensions? I mean its not like there are new companies building suspensions for the 993. Its the same old PSS9, H&R, Eibach, Gert, and Winward Performance. Nothing has changed with any of them.
Old 02-26-2005 | 11:17 PM
JimBob Jumpback
That's Bubba Guru to you

AG Damis
Bubba agdass, ya knead to be tellin alla da rennlisty yer pet peez so everione noz wat not to be doin. rennlisty un al itz membors (espshicially bubba viken) ar at yer service. u call, we'all *** a runnin. specially with u bein a registored uzer un all.

AG Damis
ah, i seez ya went to da same school az ol jimbob. sum folkz roun here arnt so brite, dey dun be thunkin ya' outta' spell contucive "conductive." buncha moorons, arn't dey? az you may be gessin, misspellin is one of ma pet peeves, to.
Old 02-26-2005 | 11:38 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Good Morning ... AG Damis
Maybe, but seems like the rest of the day wasn't so good.

Last edited by STLPCA; 07-23-2013 at 03:48 AM.
Old 02-27-2005 | 01:14 AM
DJ
Haiku Grasshoppa
Rennlist Member
Can I Drove Your Car?

Yo, Aggy:

Don't pay any attention to these h8ers. Just go with what you know. Your plan will work out great. It's not like ur gonna be droving the car at its limit anyway, right?
Old 02-27-2005 | 03:18 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Originally Posted by Greg Fishman
If all you want to do is lower the car just cut the springs. Hope that was helpful.
You see, he wouldnt have found that in a 'search'
Old 02-27-2005 | 03:44 AM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

AG:

You've gotten some good information here, albeit somewhat tongue-in-cheek.

I would offer two things:

1) Eibach street spring are IMHO, horrible. They are too soft, they sag and they don't really enhance the handling. H&R's are much better and thats all we will sell and install any longer. (Eibach race springs on the other hand, are fine)

2) Ultimately, the final choice about what suspension setup is going to be right for you, depends on your expectations/usage, your experience, and to some degree your budget.

I know I am unable to recommend anything to my clientel without knowing something of their background, what they want the car to do that its not doing at the present, and how they drive the car. Only then can one make an intelligent choice.

As Viken and the others have offered, there is a plethora of great information & feedback here all free for the taking for anyone willing to take 15-20 minutes to read it.

I hope this helps a little,
Old 02-27-2005 | 06:45 AM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Steve and DJ,

Thanks for your thoughtful responses. My understanding when I signed up for this forum was that a group of genuine car guys with a passion for a specific car and model would get together and share their experiences and help young eager new owners with their questions. Clearly this is not the case. Thank you all again for your time.

AG Damis
Old 02-27-2005 | 08:39 AM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

You'll go far in life, my son.

Old 02-27-2005 | 12:16 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Steve and DJ,

Thanks for your thoughtful responses. My understanding when I signed up for this forum was that a group of genuine car guys with a passion for a specific car and model would get together and share their experiences and help young eager new owners with their questions. Clearly this is not the case. Thank you all again for your time.

AG Damis
I have almost the same understanding...
My understanding when I signed up for this forum was that a group of genuine car guys with a passion for a specific car and model would get together and share their experiences and help polite young eager new owners with their questions.

Now DJ, stop making fun of him in a way he can't understand.

Quick Reply: Eibach & Bilstein HD Set up