Sponsored by:

PSS9s and H&R Sways Installed

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 07:02 PM
Robert Collins - 96 993TT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

THAT CAR IS LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW to the ground!! Me likey!
Old 02-26-2005, 09:08 PM
gjtrek
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Randy...thanks for the insight. H&R sways adjustability sounds ample enough. Not really going to track the car ( except you know how intentions can be fickle), however it would simply be nice to have some room to play with on the ride quality/stiffness quotient. Still interested in ride height photos when available. Incidently, Guards Red was my first choice for color on my search years ago for a '78 SC, settled for a very low mileage talbot gelb ( yellow) with black interior.........still like the GRed.

Regards, GAry
Old 02-26-2005, 09:14 PM
JohnJL
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome Randy, congrats!
Old 02-26-2005, 09:15 PM
gjtrek
Instructor

Robert.... I agree with the earlier post about same color(as exterior) seat backs. Initially, the thought of offsetting but complimentary seat back color is enticing, but I think it would be an odd visual to have different colors. I have Artic Silver exterior with sport seats in Midnight Blue leather and Artic Silver colored seat backs.........looks high tech thru the rear window and all other angles. Send me PM with your email and I will send you some photos of Artic Silver Sport seats with Midnight Blue leather... BTW how much for an option for a right of first refusal when the time comes for you to sell the TT.......It is absolutely beautiful...nice touch on the Ruf wheels.

Regards, Gary
Old 02-26-2005, 09:53 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Guys. John. The H&R have only two adjustments front and rear. I, like you, thought they had 3 in the rear. Not so. Thanks for the settings tips. That is how we set them and the shop said the same thing, leave them soft until I know what they are doing to car's under/over steer caracteristics.

CP It looks like that bar is the way to go. I notice it makes the bump point even lower. Has this caused any problems in and of itself?

Gary. DO IT! With possibly more track on the horizon, I think the TRGs would be the right bars. Cost is comparable to the H&Rs. About a Ben Franklin more.
Speed Yellow was my first color choice. I found a few, not many, BIG bucks for decent to sub-par examples and HUGE bucks for nice examples. I could not everything I was looking for so a bought my second choice GR. I absolutely love it. It has so much eyeball. The looks this car gets!!!! Right Robert?
Old 02-26-2005, 10:17 PM
Benton
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Randy,
When do you get the car back? I wanna see that beast on the track! That car will be a BLAST with the PSS9's. It's SO nice, though... you may open up your garage one day to find my '95 sitting there.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:39 AM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Randy,

While it lowers the bump point, the FPB prevents the lower lips fom being scraped. Isn't that the whole idea? It works very well for me thus far.

CP
Old 03-02-2005, 02:13 AM
trinks
8th Gear

Default PS9 Additional Questions

Hi, followed discussion with interest regarding heights etc and I was wondering if you could help on a couple of points?
I have a PS9 kit which i am about to fit to my CA C4S (complete with Porsche aero kit)....
Which top mounts did you use? Did you carry over std mounts or get something new? My kit did not have top mounts in it - do they normal have?
On the ride height issue - what measurements did you set the spring platforms at to achieve the 25ish inches front and rear?
What is your experience on setting the front and rear damper adjustsment (1 full stiff, 9 full soft)?
Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:27 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Hi trinks. Welcome to Rennlist.
I used the stock top mounts. For full race you would want to do the monoballs. The kits do not come with new mounts. You should however, have new rear drop links.
The final ride height should be set by a professional. You will need to have the car four wheel aligned, ride height set and corner balanced after install. A setting of 10mm above Euro Carrera RS ride height will achieve a nice look without excessive risk of constantly scraping the front. You will love the tranformation. I recommend changing the sway bars at the same time. Adjustables would be a good choice.
Good luck and enjoy,

Quick Reply: PSS9s and H&R Sways Installed