Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PSS9s and H&R Sways Installed

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 11:59 AM
hawk993
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Randy, how is the ride with the PSS9? I am thinking about putting the PSS9 on my car.
Old 02-25-2005, 01:56 PM
Benton
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Randy,
Looking good! I got your message, sorry I didn't have a chance to call you back. Glad you got back OK. I'm in Arizona right now! I'm looking forward to seeing it and hearing your impressions after you get the car back.

People with a discerning eye will notice that the swaybar is upside down in the first picture. What an idiot move by me. Oh well, after a few minutes of muscling it around, we got it in the correct way. I need a lift! Now everyone knows why my handle is "Red."
Old 02-25-2005, 04:08 PM
norcal911
Advanced

David,

You have a PM. Thanks
Old 02-25-2005, 04:23 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

hawk. I get the car back today. I'll post 'after' pics and first driving impressions. I will tell you that I think this is the only way to go for me and versitility I was looking for.

Red. Yeah now every one knows where the handle comes from. I imagine most suspected as much. Arizona? Alabama on Sunday and Monday for the Academic Scholarship recipients tour and Arizona for ????
Old 02-25-2005, 04:37 PM
gjtrek
Instructor

Randy...looking forward to your ride experience and side photos of the finished /aligned ride height. Now that we've all lived thru Jonathan Sullivans suspension saga/drama, it would be nice to know about the alternative of PSS9's and adjustable H&R sways. Can anyone comment whether the PSS9 ride quality is too harsh for primary (if not exclusive) spirited street driviing? I've had enough jarring from road cracks and harsh suspension parts. The question may be self answering due to adjustability of PSS9 dampening qualities but comments nonetheless appreciated.

Regards, Gary
Old 02-25-2005, 04:52 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I and many others on this board drive PSS9's on the streets and love them. They are after all, 9-way adjustable and I don't think they're harsh at all. I even drove them back from Willow Springs on full hard all the way around and I didn't even notice the difference until I remembered (dah).....just get em!
Old 02-25-2005, 05:24 PM
Toga
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sell you garage Randy your car looks nice like it is!
Congratulations for your job

Monique, how do you jump the dutch speed breakers with such a looooooooow ride height?
Old 02-25-2005, 08:00 PM
gjtrek
Instructor

Thanks JR! Is there any recommendation for a change in the factory sway bars. My C2S has, I believe, 20 mm front and 18mm rear stock sways. Recent post said sways are the antithesis of independent suspension...or something close to that concept. The coil over approach (adjustable or otherwise) seems a proper approach....hence no guessing whether and if you will be able to achieve the desired ride height adjustment as with some other systems.

regards, Gary
Old 02-25-2005, 10:15 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

gjtrek. There is some adjustment with the HD Bilsteins from Gert but, nothing like the full adjustablility of the PSS9s. As for sways: some the best are the TRGs or the Carrera RS. These offer 5 levels, more or less, of adjustment. This is great for the track and if this is what you will be doing quite a bit of, get one of these sets.
I bought the H&R adjustables. They have only two adjustments. Better than none but, not great for a car that will see a lot of track time. It is all I need right now. Plus these bars are, I think, 26mm Front and 24mm Rear. Beefy compared to the wimpy little stock things I removed.
Old 02-26-2005, 04:35 AM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Toga
Monique, how do you jump the dutch speed breakers with such a looooooooow ride height?
I back over them... this is why my car has only 24k miles (40000kms) do lots of driving in reverse and respray the front splitters often...
Old 02-26-2005, 11:02 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by paradisenb
gjtrek. As for sways: some the best are the TRGs or the Carrera RS. These offer 5 levels, more or less, of adjustment. I bought the H&R adjustables. They have only two adjustments. Plus these bars are, I think, 26mm Front and 24mm Rear. Beefy compared to the wimpy little stock things I removed.
Randy,

Do the H & R's have only 2 adjustment holes in both the front and the rear? Their pic shows 2 front, 3 rear.
http://www.hrsprings.com/site/frames/frameproducts.html
Regardless, I would leave the front full soft based on the thickness of that bar. I'd set the rear on soft too if that's the only choice, or the middle hole if there's 3 rear holes. Then see how your front end feels turning in hard in a second gear turn.
Old 02-26-2005, 12:22 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Randy,

Gert's front protection bar is the answer. My RUF scraped something fierce after VB installed the PSS9s. So when he did the front sway, he installed a FPB as well. That, and getting into a habit of angle approach, I've no issue since.

BTW, great looking car. Congratulations.

CP
Old 02-26-2005, 03:28 PM
Robert Collins - 96 993TT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Will the front protection bar still protect you even if you have the Turbo S front lip. It seems it hangs down more or further out in front, changing the angle at which you would hit curbs. Anyone know if it will still protect you?
Old 02-26-2005, 03:29 PM
Robert Collins - 96 993TT
Addict
Rennlist Member

BTW, I'm not much of a Guards Red guy myself. JK!! LOL!!!

Your car looks great and the ride height is perfect!
Old 02-26-2005, 03:48 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Collins - 96 993TT
Will the front protection bar still protect you even if you have the Turbo S front lip. It seems it hangs down more or further out in front, changing the angle at which you would hit curbs. Anyone know if it will still protect you?
Robert,

Yes it works. I have turbo bumper, and RS splitters below that, and it still works for me.

Here's a pic for your reference, the silver thingy below the bumper is the FPB.

Enjoy.

CP
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: PSS9s and H&R Sways Installed