Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

I am a proud new owner of a 1996 993 TT!!!! Yeah!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 02:27 PM
Robert Collins - 96 993TT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Benjamin,
I too like deep lip wheels and would have purchased 18" HRE's if I had done it myself. Having said that, when you see these wheels in person on this car, they do not look too big and actually make the car look more modern than deep wheel lips. (I think every wheel on 993's since 1999 have been a flush lip, including turbo twists). I think the kind of wheels you are talking about look awesome on any 993, but I am definitely a new fan of RUF wheels. Even ViperBob, who said they are too heavy, commented on how nice they look on this car.

Cary,
I will probably bring it to something this year, just don't know what yet. Sportsman's ride is a no-brainer. Let's drive first, then finish up with some cold suds!!

Mike and mrsullivan,
Extra dollars or good deal, I'm ecstatic either way!

jrgordonsenior,
My car will never be a full track demon, because I don't have the time to commit to it with two kids under five and the wife wanting another one! Having said that, it will be hard not to at least take it to a weekend or two a year, even if it is only a DE.

everyone else, thanks again for the nice comments. Now I just have to live up to expectations of caring for the car that the P.O. started.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:06 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 863 Likes on 438 Posts

Just got back from a week in Miami and Naples, and boy did I miss out on some fun here! Without internet access I don't care what I miss when I'm away... but when I get back and my addiction takes over again, I see just how much cool stuff went on when I was having fun in the sun. I had to make this decision to let my wife buy me a nice new watch for our 5th anniversary while in Miami this past weekend, or to just give me the money for mods... She REALLY wanted me to have the watch, so I reluctantly accepted it, seeing all these mods go out the window in my mind for the next few years. It's all good, though.

I can't believe you found and closed on this dream car so fast. What, you didn't step up and try to buy a Turbo "S"? Jeeez... Seriously though, your caris so obviously awesome - congrats.

Can't wait to see it in Hershey and meet you in person if luck has it. I'll be up there on that Saturday for the Porsche Parade week, and maybe Saturday on the regular April Hershey Swap Meet too if that is happening. The wheels and sport seats make that car of yours.

So sweet - happy for you and you're family.

Steve R
Old 02-21-2005, 05:43 PM
rj777
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Congrats, Robert...

That is an *awesomely* beautiful car!!

Best regards,

Rick J.
Mt. Juliet, TN.
'93 968
'98 993 C2 cab
'00 986 S
Old 02-21-2005, 06:42 PM
MikeinNashville
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just saw Robert's Turbo in person about an hour ago, and believe me when I tell you this, the car looks even better in person than in the pictures he posted. Robert...it's "almost" as nice as my 26k mile, never driven in the rain '91 NSX. Just kidding...

About the only thing I'd do (if I owned the car, and I already told Robert this) would be to paint the sport seat backs in red to match the exterior color. That would look awesome...

Congrats on a great car, and once again, thanks for selling me your "old" Porsche.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:28 PM
Sundeep
Intermediate

NICE car !
Old 02-21-2005, 10:09 PM
Tony356993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Robert,
I knew I saw that car before........in Hershey. I had the 356 there and there were a few TT's there and you bought a perfect car. With that said, you should try and get her to a DE to really feel the best your modded TT can do in a safe setting. Put on some 3M film and go for it. I'm headed to VIR and Summit this season and I'll pick up the bar bill if we meet.
Tony

By the way, I have a 6 and an 8 year old and they love going to the track. I did convince my wife to participate in DE's (to help cool off the car) so that when WE need pagid oranges ($400) and WE need new tires ($1000) and WE need................... get it......

Good luck.
Old 02-21-2005, 11:16 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Collins - 96 993TT
Benjamin,
I too like deep lip wheels and would have purchased 18" HRE's if I had done it myself. Having said that, when you see these wheels in person on this car, they do not look too big and actually make the car look more modern than deep wheel lips. (I think every wheel on 993's since 1999 have been a flush lip, including turbo twists). I think the kind of wheels you are talking about look awesome on any 993, but I am definitely a new fan of RUF wheels. Even ViperBob, who said they are too heavy, commented on how nice they look on this car.
Nice, nice.
Old 02-21-2005, 11:53 PM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Mike, Rick, thanks for the comments. We'll get a "fun run" of our own set up soon here in Nashvillle.

Steve and Tony,
If I drive all the way BACK up there, you are BOTH picking up the bar tab!! LOL!! I really enjoyed the drive from Philly to Nashville, but Virginia gets real long when you take I-81 from Harrisburg to Knoxville, TN. Ouch!! For me to do that drive again, there's going to have to be booze offered, and possibly even dancing girls in the mix!! (heh heh, the wife will love that one). Although the Porsche Parade would be a great opportunity to meet other Rennlisters and see alot of great Porsche cars!! I'll get back to you on that one.

Tony, I am still pissed I forgot to call you until it was too late. AAARRGGHH!! I wanted to see those cars and that garage. Maybe I'll come up again just so I can get a look at all those toys.....

Robert
Old 02-22-2005, 12:30 AM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

congrats robert what a beaut.... & lovin' the 19's.

enjoy... btw: thx for sharing your 'p.p' as well. i think you got a great deal seeing all the careful & tasteful mods your 'tt' came with. bol & may you have hours & years of enjoyment.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:48 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The PO posted this on the 993 TT board in response to the inquiries about what cleaners/waxes were used on the car. Since he didn't cross-post, I though I would...

"Zymol brand wax: Carbon is the wax and HD cleanse is the pre-wax/cleaner.
In a pinch for a quick wax, I used Ardex which I picked up from a local
detailer...it is a thick liquid."

Pete
Old 02-22-2005, 11:34 PM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks jrgordonsenior, I was going to do that after my conversation with the P.O. today, but you took care of it for me.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:19 AM
fluid15
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Robert, we're no longer Cab brethren and I'm jeaous! Great looking car, I'd love to have a TT but it'll have to wait. Having priorities is no fun. Enjoy the ride!
Old 02-23-2005, 10:22 AM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks fluid. I will miss the fun of the cab top down when spring gets here, but I'll make up for it with my right foot!!
Old 02-23-2005, 11:49 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Man that's a good looking TT, congrats!
Old 02-23-2005, 12:32 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Collins - 96 993TT
Thanks fluid. I will miss the fun of the cab top down when spring gets here, but I'll make up for it with my right foot!!
God I miss my 98' Cab....and that tiny, inadequate sunroof is just sooo annoying....but as you said Robert, your can compensate with your right foot...

Quick Reply: I am a proud new owner of a 1996 993 TT!!!! Yeah!!!!!