Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone have an OEM accelerator pedal ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 04:04 PM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Does anyone have an OEM accelerator pedal ?

I am replacing current AJ-USA pedal cover set with the RENNLINE covers. I threw out the plastic oem accelerator pedal and it's needed for the R-line.

If so, PM me and let me know what $$ you would like for it....

THANK YOU !!!!

Last edited by kdurg; 02-19-2005 at 05:29 PM.
Old 02-19-2005, 04:47 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Keith,

Please tell why you're making that switch....
Old 02-19-2005, 05:31 PM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey John...

The AJ-USA set I got has rubber inserts in the middle of the pedal cover. They've worn out very quickly and are slick when wet....Just don't like 'em.
Old 02-19-2005, 06:35 PM
DJD
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keith,

I just finished installing the AJ-USA track pedeals, all aluminum. Did you get the street version with the rubber pads?
If I like my pedals I will sell you my stock plastic pedal. Ill let ya know.

Doug
Old 02-19-2005, 06:46 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Keith,

The reason I asked is I had an issue with the AJUSA pedals recently too. The gas pedal has a plastic hub on the backside which accepts the Porsche accelerator rod with the shaped ball on the end. It just snaps in like the facory setup. Unfortunatley mine came loose twice when I lifed off the pedal to shift. Both time were during track races and was scary dangerous and caused black flag conditions. They sent me a replacement part which snapped in much harder and hasn't come loose yet. One more time though and I'll be joining you in looking for a factory pedal.

Hope all's well with you...
Old 02-19-2005, 07:02 PM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DJD
Did you get the street version with the rubber pads?
If I like my pedals I will sell you my stock plastic pedal. Ill let ya know.
Doug
Hi Doug,

Yep, got the street version with the pad inserts. I'm in formal shoes often and the pads have worn to the point where I am constantly slipping off....no good.
Thank you for the offer, let me know how you make out.....

JOHN...Whoa,,, I know the plastic piece you are referring to. Thankfully, I haven't had the problem you mention......very scary stuff though.

Glad to see you got into the TT....lovin' it no doubt 'eh ? Lucky dog.
Old 02-20-2005, 12:33 AM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 240 Posts

Keith,

AJ-USA sells an accelerator pedal that is a complete replacement for the OEM pedal - that is the pedal, hinge assy and bolt down base, I've had one for a couple of years (with the matching brake and clutch pedal) and like them a lot.

That being said, email me - I have my old accelerator pedal that you are welcome to. Need an address is all. I will be at the hangar tomorrow (Sunday) putzing with the car or the plane and will bring it home with me and send it Monday if you need it.

Ciao
Old 02-20-2005, 10:14 AM
Rob 97 993c2
Three Wheelin'

i always thought that all the aluminum pedals are kinda the same, but under different names.

Which is the best set to get? Im looking for a street/track combo setup.
Old 02-20-2005, 11:51 AM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Rob,

The AJ-USA product (site sponsor) is great. Many have used these part numbers and are very satisfied. Click on this page:

http://www.ajusa.com/cgi-bin/pb/list...0354192857482b

# AJR-423-113-T is the pedal set. See my comments re the accelerator pedal above. I like it because it replaces the entire factory assembly and looks factory. Not an 'overlay' style.

AJR-505-825-01 is the 'dead pedal' that matches.

When installing the accelerator pedal you will probably have to adjust the turnbuckle behind the throttle pedal to keep WOT and avoid over-tensioning the throttle cable. I had to adjust mine with the new pedal. Adjust it so the back of the new pedal just 'kisses' the floorboard stop at WOT. Your shop can measure % of WOT with the accelerator fully depressed too through the computer hookup.

Call me with any questions on the above.
Old 02-20-2005, 03:57 PM
DJD
Instructor

JR, I had a similar issue with my gas pedal as well, the socket was too small. I returned it and the new one seems to fit tight. I was told by the sales rep at AJ-USA this happens on about every 100 pedals they sell. I think is more often than that. I noticed mine was loose before I even drove the car so I removed it and got a replacement from AJ-USA. I am not too impressed with the quality of the plastic part on these pedals.
Old 02-20-2005, 08:45 PM
Ray Calvo
Passed On
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

87K miles on mine and its' staying where it should be - sorry! Popping the metal rod ball end back into place on a reinstalled pedal is a lot of fun; need to hold the rod extended with a pair of vice grips in order to pop the pedal back onto the ball.
Old 02-20-2005, 08:50 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Ray Calvo
87K miles on mine and its' staying where it should be - sorry! Popping the metal rod ball end back into place on a reinstalled pedal is a lot of fun; need to hold the rod extended with a pair of vice grips in order to pop the pedal back onto the ball.
Even more fun coasting to a stop on the infield, removing your helmet, and bending down trying to pop the sucker back into place. Of course all this while under yellow then red flag conditions....
Old 02-20-2005, 08:51 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A few years use on my AJ-USA pedals & absolutely no problems. Mine needed no throttle cable adjustment.
Old 02-20-2005, 08:55 PM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Ray,

Instead of fighting with the ball and socket on the AJ-USA pedal what I do is just unscrew the countersunk machine screw that goes thru the pedal face and into the plastic fixture on the back. Then pop the plastic fixture out of the rear aluminum rabbet. That leaves the rod and ball end hanging with just the little plastic piece from the back of the pedal. Use a small inspection mirror to help refit the plastic piece into the rear of the pedal rabbet going back together.

Quick Reply: Does anyone have an OEM accelerator pedal ?