Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biting the bullet to solve my ride height woes...

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 12:12 AM
texas911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Even if you get your shocks machined, you still have to get them taken out and put back on. I think if safer to just put the HR springs in and be sure you'll get what you want.
Old 02-14-2005, 01:39 AM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by nile13
Steve, I race a different car that has coilovers, so this one is street only.

It appears to me that I should sell the entire TRG setup to somebody who will put it on a track car and buy HDs and H&Rs, just like I originally thought?

Any ideas on approximate rates of the Faulkner springs (Faulkner is a British company, right?)? Bilstein RSRs, are they much different from HDs in construction, or is it just the different valving? I'm just curious what it is that i have sitting in the box in the corner

And once again, Steve, thank you, your knowledge and advice are very much appreciated!
Hi Mike:

You are quite welcome, Sir. I'm happy to help

Wellllllll,......My advice is to sell that package to someone needing a track-type suspension at a reasonable price. Its just not suitable for street use. Your original plan is a dandy,...

The Bilstein RSR's are coilovers and are valved totally different from the HD's. I have no idea what TRG puts in for valving. Regarding those springs, I'd need to know all the numbers on them to see what they are. If TRG removed the numbers, one would need to put them into a spring tester and measure the rates.

Good luck!
Old 02-15-2005, 09:33 PM
98993c2s
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK here is a crappy camera phone pic of my 993 C2S with recently installed Bilstein HD/Euro M030/sways. These came from Carnewal and have the additional threads.

I have to say I'm extremely pleased with the ride height, and especially the handling. It is night and day better than before. The old Monroes were shot, and the corner weighting was way off. As a result the car was very unpredictable in its handling characteristics, which didn't impart confidence to the driver.

This setup was installed at SoulSpeed in Austin, and it is fully corner weighted and 4 wheel aligned. It now handles like a 911 should! That is, probably better than my Boxsters did ('99 Boxster and '01 Boxster S), both of which had the stock US M030 setup, but neither were lowered.

The secret weapon in this setup has to be the sway bars. Wow! This car has been totally transformed.

PS> I also got the front protection bar from Gert.

Quick Reply: Biting the bullet to solve my ride height woes...