Sponsored by:

Pics of Bilstein HDs Installed

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 12:41 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Pics of Bilstein HDs Installed

Going to walk through the install with Bob at Devek next week, but curious in the meantime if anyone sees anything glaring... first couple of pics are front, last is rear. You can see that there is a plenty of thread left for adjustability in the rear, but that the front is maxed out on thread. However, I still think something is not right with the fronts, which should be about 1/4 inch lower than they are...
Attached Images    
Old 02-06-2005, 02:19 PM
s2racer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

i don't see anything. i just got finished with my installation, and it all looks just like mine. after i get the allignment done, i'll post the before and after pics. i'll also take pics after a couple of weeks to see if any settling has occured.
Old 02-06-2005, 02:34 PM
TroyN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't have the HD's, but just wanted to note that your rears are actually maxed out too (can't go lower), unless you get different drop links or go w/ the RS or TRG sway bars.
Old 02-06-2005, 02:40 PM
Toga
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Jonathan,
here is a picture of my front. My shocks are the ones with extra thread from Gert Carnewal. My height is M033.
Plenty of thread left!?!?
My rears look the same as yours.
Attached Images  
Old 02-06-2005, 02:46 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

thanks for the responses guys...

sorry, couple of clarifications. i know that i couldnt go lower in the back without additional change (ie. RS sways, etc.).... just pointing out that there is a lot of adjustment potential/variability available on the back, where as the front looks completely maxed down. Also, when I mentioned an additional 1/4 inch in the front, I was referring to my perception of the front end being about another 1/4 inch lower on other cars that I have seen with this exact setup...
Old 02-06-2005, 02:57 PM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The bottom portion of the install looks correct. Perhaps on the top side of the strut, the spring is not seated in the "hat" correctly? Can you see up there enough to check that out?
Old 02-07-2005, 04:33 AM
CAHRERA
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Just my .02 you need the Lowering perches to fix your problem. I'd be very surprised if it's something else. I had the same look until I installed the Lowering perches.

My car isn't as low as some of the others. I have no problems to get lower but I like the ride, setup and handling.
Attached Images    

Quick Reply: Pics of Bilstein HDs Installed