Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 06:38 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Rolex 24 hour at Daytona: live timing & scoring

Turn on Speed Channel, and dial your laptop to:

http://grandamerican.vfx.com/Rolex/G...erican_800.asp

for live timing and scoring. 18:44 hours left!
Attached Images  
Old 02-05-2005, 06:59 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Paul Newman is still out there. He's 80! Makes a geezer proud!
Old 02-05-2005, 09:21 PM
seege
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the link Steve !
Old 02-05-2005, 10:12 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Steve,

Who is the Stud in the "53" car?
Old 02-05-2005, 10:23 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Tony,

He's about 25 years younger than I am. ~1980 IMSA 6-hour enduro at Riverside.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:56 AM
smead42
Intermediate

Wow, Pontiac wins the 24. This should make the guys in the Fatherland proud.
Old 02-07-2005, 01:28 AM
ARM993
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Getting a little old watching the Porsche Fabcars circulating a couple seconds slower than the Pontiacs. After seeing them out of contention most every race last year I was hoping for a run at the front at the 24. I guess Porsche reliability isn't enough anymore since a number of the Pontiacs held together too. Hopefully there is something else up the sleeve for the rest of the season.
Old 02-07-2005, 08:34 PM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Uh here's the main point, beyond the Pontiac vs Porsche engined DPs - THE DP CARS SUCK!!!! I went this year for the first time in a few years, and I have to say I was hugely disappointed - pay $80 for tickets and paddock passes to see DPs and GT3 Cup Cars? You know why they can't run the GT3RSRs, it's because they're pretty much just as fast as the freaking DPs. When I go to a race like that, I'd like to see REAL prototype cars, and real GT2 cars like 575Maranellos and C5Rs, not these pathetic NASCAR-esque (and did I mention ugly as sin) Daytona Prototypes.

I'm looking forward to seeing better and FASTER racing at Sebring this weekend (48hrs at Sebring).
That said, they did a nice job with the new infield at Daytona. Just a real let-down after watching the amazing machinery a few years ago, the Audi-R8s, and now this?
Old 02-07-2005, 08:54 PM
kary993
Drifting

Originally Posted by pcar964
Uh here's the main point, beyond the Pontiac vs Porsche engined DPs - THE DP CARS SUCK!!!! I went this year for the first time in a few years, and I have to say I was hugely disappointed - pay $80 for tickets and paddock passes to see DPs and GT3 Cup Cars? You know why they can't run the GT3RSRs, it's because they're pretty much just as fast as the freaking DPs. When I go to a race like that, I'd like to see REAL prototype cars, and real GT2 cars like 575Maranellos and C5Rs, not these pathetic NASCAR-esque (and did I mention ugly as sin) Daytona Prototypes.

I'm looking forward to seeing better and FASTER racing at Sebring this weekend (48hrs at Sebring).
That said, they did a nice job with the new infield at Daytona. Just a real let-down after watching the amazing machinery a few years ago, the Audi-R8s, and now this?
Well, I was somewhat unimpressed when they ran with us at California Speedway. They are cool cars but the Audi's are really cool. The only issue however is those cars cost a bundle and the new DP idea was to limit the costs. I think they are doing a fine job at that since there are so many new DP team entries. I think they should just allow the DP cars a few hundred more horsepower and bring back the GT3RSR's and other like makes. It is ok to have the GT cars they have as well. That would make it more interesting in my opinion.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:02 PM
williet1342
Pro

Arrow O.K. the Pontiac Product did well...

A friend said "Hey man, the Pontiacs did all that"? I said" "Yeh"...then I added: "I don't really care...my 993 was there when I got home and I went for a long drive. I am glad to report that I came home griinning "ear to ear" and I am proud to say that yes my car has big hands and big feet.

Not that it means anything.

Old 02-07-2005, 11:04 PM
Benton
Drifting

Originally Posted by kary993
Well, I was somewhat unimpressed when they ran with us at California Speedway. They are cool cars but the Audi's are really cool. The only issue however is those cars cost a bundle and the new DP idea was to limit the costs. I think they are doing a fine job at that since there are so many new DP team entries. I think they should just allow the DP cars a few hundred more horsepower and bring back the GT3RSR's and other like makes. It is ok to have the GT cars they have as well. That would make it more interesting in my opinion.
I'd bet the HP goes up in a few years. I thought it was funny when Wolf Henzler pulled a pass on the Multimatic on the banking. The qualifying lap this year was about 13 seconds slower than the lap record for the Rolex 24 IIRC.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:57 PM
ARM993
Burning Brakes

I started watching GrandAm at Watkins Glen 4 years ago. The Dyson Cars and the Lista Doran were always the show and would smoke a DP. The first NASCAR weekend that they ran them on Friday night at the Glen there were all of a dozen of my closest road racing fanatic friends watching on the short downhill stretch of the short course. By the second lap all of the roundy round fans were out of the camper asking what the hell was that? Not the same affect with the DPs but I think GrandAm is willing to sacrifice to get more cars on the lead lap at the end and more dollars in the door. The amount of sposors and money coming in seems to be up and that can only be good for the longevity of the series.
Old 02-08-2005, 01:44 AM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by GlenJunkie
I started watching GrandAm at Watkins Glen 4 years ago. The Dyson Cars and the Lista Doran were always the show and would smoke a DP. The first NASCAR weekend that they ran them on Friday night at the Glen there were all of a dozen of my closest road racing fanatic friends watching on the short downhill stretch of the short course. By the second lap all of the roundy round fans were out of the camper asking what the hell was that? Not the same affect with the DPs but I think GrandAm is willing to sacrifice to get more cars on the lead lap at the end and more dollars in the door. The amount of sposors and money coming in seems to be up and that can only be good for the longevity of the series.

I agree, it's probably bringing more attention to the series (it was more packed in the infield this year), but at what cost? So you end up with a successful series full of slow, uninterestin cars? I mean, I can go out and buy a damn Cup car, I go to the races to see the full-tilt racecars in their element, not street cars being driven by a bunch of rich and famous businessmen and drivers from other series.

I miss old days.

Quick Reply: Rolex 24 hour at Daytona: live timing & scoring