Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 04:27 AM
FlyYellow
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post baby seat for 993 cab

Hi Folks,

I'm looking to put in a toddler seat in the back of my 95' 993 cab. I got one that fits well, although I'm trying to find a place to put in a tether.

Has anyone put in a tether mount in a 993 cab before?

Cheers,
Boris
Old 10-13-2002, 02:22 AM
AvsFan
Advanced

Boris and all-

I have a "car seat" related post below. Sorry for the following long-winded intro paragraph. My first Rennlist post and all. Skip the next paragraph if you want to get to the point.

I am currently laying impatiently in wait as the wonderful culmination of my 2-year search for my first Porsche, a 96 C2 Cab, makes its way across country from Florida. I have more nervous energy than I (or my wife) can imagine. I bought it two weeks ago today and it is finally in route. I even painted my garage this weekend. Wierd...if it doesn't get here soon (due to arrive Monday) I may end up taking a day off of work to catch up on sleep. I find it strangely hard to rest...I lay in bed just thinking about the car, all the things I have read on Rennlist in the last year (do I want to keep it stock...vs. all the fun things you all talk about all the time...RSR exhaust...suspension issues...performance chips...it does sound like my wallet is going to continue to take a major hit.) I have already done strange things like order the hollow turbo wheels...they are just sitting in the garage waiting for the car. Thanks by the way to all the folks (Robin, Steve, SilverBullet, Anir, EJ) who have helped me to fine tune what I have really wanted (993 vs. 964) without even knowing it. Finally saved enough to justify the expense to the CFO of the family. I was a bit of the irresponsible boy racer type in high school and after 11 years of marriage, two kids and relatively practical cars (Maxima, etc) I am at a point where I can "live the dream" and return to performance driving in a more responsible way.

Now to the point of your post...I have 2 kids, 5 and 2 years old. I bought a pair of car seats yesterday without thinking much about it, but from a quick search of Rennlist today think that I may have to return them. It sounds like it is hard to find seats that will fit AND allow for the top to fold down.

Tell me...what child car seats did you find that fit?

Regarding tethering...I was going to take on that project next weekend with the help of my dad (the amateur mechanic in the family) and the DIY info on tethering car seats that Robin has in his site ->
<a href="http://members.rennlist.com/movies1/Child_Seat.html" target="_blank">http://members.rennlist.com/movies1/Child_Seat.html</a>

I don't know if you have seen that but it seemed like a good overview.

Anyway, let me know what seat you found that works?

Hope to have lots of other relevent questions and posts once the car gets here.

Thanks,

Mike Austin
Old 10-13-2002, 03:13 AM
AvsFan
Advanced

All,

I just did the child seats search on Rennlist again and found about 3 times as many threads as I had seen previously. Looks like there are a couple of options for seats. Perhaps trial and error in the Toys R Us parking lot is going to work best.

Sorry if this topic is tiresome.

Curious, when I finally registered for the site tonight I also became a "member". Does it take a few days for that title to show up in posts.

Mike Austin

Quick Reply: baby seat for 993 cab