Sponsored by:

Shift Problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2002, 02:17 PM
Henry
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Shift Problem

Recently, I have been experiencing a problem on some occasions when taking the car out of first or second gear, and into neutral...or while trying to downshift from second gear into first gear. The shifter does not move out smoothly, but sort of wants to stick in the original location and then pops out. I have made sure that the clutch pedal is depressed all of the way while shifting, but this still seems to happen. Does anyone know what the reason might be? I recently had the clutch slave cylinder replaced because it was going bad, but this did not help the sticking problem.
Thanks.
Old 11-13-2002, 02:47 PM
tom_993
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This has come up a few times. I had the problem myself. I resolved it by tightening a loose transmission mount. You might check your transmission mounts and/or engine mounts. There are other things that can cause this, though.

Good Luck!
Tom
’95 993

Here’s one of several old threads on the subject:

<a href="http://forums.rennlist.com/forums/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=003773" target="_blank">Tough Shift OUT of Gear</a>
Old 11-14-2002, 12:38 AM
dwe8922
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 15 Posts
I had the problem of corrosion on the input shaft. It allows the clutch disc to stay contacted to the flywheel even when you've pushed the pedal, and the pressure plate is released. Try blipping the throttle after pushing the clutch in. If doing that allows you to disengage the gear, you might have this problem. Do a search, as a couple of us talked this out in depth about a year ago.

David

Quick Reply: Shift Problem