Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wanting a more agressive look!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 10:04 PM
phatbut
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Jdoc7..I would really appreciate it. you can also send it to asprer@aol.com when you get a chance.
Old 01-15-2005, 12:01 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 524 Likes on 346 Posts
Talking Slam that ride???

I had my front at 24 7/8... it caused me some grief getting in and out of some driveways...mainly mine. I had it raised back up to 25 1/4. This little bit cured my driveway problems..

When a car is that low (24 1/4)...our Gurus such as Steve Weiner and others, suggest that the suspension is not working to its potenial. The tie rods are no longer horizonal...and you may experience some serious bump steer.

No worries though, for those that want a super low car with full suspension travel and horizonal tie rods...just upgrade to the EVO II uprights with the 993 RS tie rod ends, sweet! Viper Bob at DEVAK can fix you up...so can Steve Weiner and others.

ERP also has some neat 993 suspension pieces for those that want to fly low but insist on 1st class handling.

And finally, as we have heard time and time again, suspension is a system of matched componets...and unfortunately with Porsche cars, this is an expensive proposition. I'd have those EVO uprights on but wifey is a bit uptight right now with my Porsche spending habits...I seem to get away with going to the track...but "investing" in improvements...this has gotten too much for her, BUT NOT ME! No worries, I'll wear her down.
Old 01-15-2005, 12:15 AM
Ponchobroke
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

Romeo,
If you take a look at my gallery you can see the measurements reflecting my settings ( if I remember right it took 3 trys to get it dialed in).... like Kelly's, 25 1/4 all around.
Good luck have fun,
Old 01-18-2005, 12:26 PM
phatbut
Racer

Thanks all who have responded.

Ponchobroke..I see that you are running PSS9's. Nice. It seems that going with H&R and Bilstein HD combo will give me the ride height I want.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:59 PM
ACEparts_com
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been sizing up suspension mods today. I want to go from this:

to

Although this may be a little too low?

I've got a price of £2900 (about $5500) for a shock & spring combination by a company called PARR (uk - they look after the factory 996 race cars).
Old 01-18-2005, 03:35 PM
jdoc7
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ACE,

Damn, that's LOOOOWWW! Hope you don't need to use your car on the streets much.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:19 PM
ACEparts_com
Pro

Yeah, I think I've photo chopped it too much. If anybody else wants their car lowered, post it here and i'll do the rest.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:35 PM
993 Guy
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Can you lower my Cab? I'm planning on going with the M030/HD setup and would love to see what it will look like post installation.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:48 AM
ACEparts_com
Pro

Old 01-19-2005, 09:30 AM
akolodesh
Three Wheelin'

well 993guy,

I guess now you have no choice but to go with the new suspension. Looks damn good lowered. Excellent work ACEparts!
Old 01-19-2005, 11:00 AM
J.Ho
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello, first post ! I've been lurking for about a month since I got my car and finally joined. Nice folks and great info/beautiful cars here!

I want those MY02 wheels like KKim and pablobroke have... where do I find those wheels? They are 18", right? If anyone can steer me in the right direction. I'd buy great condition used, or new ones. Thanks!

PS: My HD's and H&R springs being installed Monday along with GHL exhaust!
Old 01-19-2005, 11:08 AM
macanswer
Advanced

Default Wanting a more aggressive look

Romeo;
I have a '95 C4 that I was told has H&R Springs when I purchased it. The car is definitely "slammed" as another poster put it. I will take some ride height measurements later today. I am seriously considering taking these springs off the car. I live in a part of PA where the roads are frequently rough and the lane I live on has a crown in it that forces me to place the car carefully to avoid scraping the bottom of the car. These springs are just too low for where I live. I don't know if you'd be interested but if your car has a higher ride height than mine and if the springs are interchangeable a spring trade might solve both our problems. I don't want to go back to U.S. ride height but just a little more ground clearance would be a good thing for me.
Attached Images  
Old 01-19-2005, 11:11 AM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

J.HO--Look on eBay as well as classifieds--they are the Model Year 2002 [MY02] Carrera Lightweight wheels that were standard on the 996 Carreras--I have the same wheels on my car and love them--they look like they were made specifically for the 993! I got mine from a guy called "porschewheelguy" on ebay--he took my 17" cups for trade and it was a nice transaction--he is a wheel dealer so look him up on eBay and it will have his contact information in any of his listings---we'll have to get together sometime so I can see your suspension setup as I think that I am going to do what you did with your 993--the Bilstein HD+H&R. I'm in Brookhaven FYI
Old 01-19-2005, 11:37 AM
phatbut
Racer

Hey Scott....Your car is definitely low. I would be interested in your springs if they are indeed H&R. Once the Springs are removed...you can actually see 'H&R' stamped on the coils. You may probably be able to see them from the underneath the rear of the car. Let me know.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:48 AM
J.Ho
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ventoGT
J.HO--Look on eBay as well as classifieds--they are the Model Year 2002 [MY02] Carrera Lightweight wheels that were standard on the 996 Carreras--I have the same wheels on my car and love them--they look like they were made specifically for the 993! I got mine from a guy called "porschewheelguy" on ebay--he took my 17" cups for trade and it was a nice transaction--he is a wheel dealer so look him up on eBay and it will have his contact information in any of his listings---we'll have to get together sometime so I can see your suspension setup as I think that I am going to do what you did with your 993--the Bilstein HD+H&R. I'm in Brookhaven FYI
Hey, thanks for the lead! The shocks/springs go on Monday. Since the springs and shocks are being installed on the old 17" wheels I still have, I wonder if I'm going to have the suspension adjusted afterwards, or the alignment. hmm. Cool will have to hook up with the ATL renners! Cool headed to ebay now!

Quick Reply: Wanting a more agressive look!