Vividracing.com Joins the Rennlist Community

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 11:21 AM
Jenn
Admin
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vividracing.com Joins the Rennlist Community

I’d like to welcome VividRacing.com to the Rennlist community; however, you may already be familiar with them as they have been contributing to these forums under the user name Vividracing.com.

Vividracing.com is a full service tuner facility dedicated to providing customers the best in aftermarket performance products, industry lifestyle, and vehicle preparation. Founded in May of 2001, Vivid Racing has grown into a multi-million dollar business based in Tempe, Arizona. Its 3500SqFt facility houses all of Vivid Racing’s services. Their wholesale, retail, service/labor, marketing, and purchasing departments are all on site. And since they warehouse 90% of their products they are able to offer faster shipping and competitive prices. Their website hosts a variety of forums, community news, clothing, videos, and a wide selection of parts. Their goal is to widen their brand image and make Vivid Racing a household name in the aftermarket industry.

Visit their website by going to http://www.vividracing.com or give them a call at 1-866-44-VIVID

-Jenn
Old 01-13-2005, 11:31 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Congrats to Vivid Racing!!
Old 01-13-2005, 11:54 AM
Midnight C4S
Pro

Welcome Vividracing, Sounds like a classy operation, good right up Jenn.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:54 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

Thanks guys! Glad to have our European division a value to the Rennlist users. We have always enjoyed the quality and performance of the Porsche vehicle. We look foward to serving the Porsche community and educating and learning from its users.

FYI..we have a 996 Carrera 2 that we are working on as a shop car. We are continually adding new parts, services, and accessories to our ONLINE STORE at www.vividracing.com. As we continue to grow with it, feel free to always contact us if there is anything you are looking for, have quesitons about, or just need some advice in.

Thanks!
Dan
dan@vividracing.com
www.vividracing.com
1-866-44-VIVID
Old 01-26-2005, 10:24 AM
robroy72
Addict
Rennlist Member

[wise man]

If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all....

[/wise man]

Vivid have been 'kicked off the island' before ... check out the posts towards the end of this thread.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337726

Buyer beware.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:27 AM
robroy72
Addict
Rennlist Member

I think this post sums it up the best ...

Originally Posted by Subie Gal
um... no....
the on line vendor i work for has 6 warehouses
all fully stocked and tons of performance items in stock

not all on line vendors are the same (thank god for that!)

---------------------------------

vivid = teh suckiness

they have no overhead
thus they have no inventory

but they like to pretend they do...
and they'll tell you the product is in stock so they can get the sale,
and thus the funds to PURCHASE their inventory
Old 01-26-2005, 08:09 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

Its nice that some people feel the need to bad mouth others. Our magazine coverage, corporate recognition with companies like Meguiars, Michelin, Rockford Fosgate, and more speak for themselves. Serving and changing minds since 2001 with over $10million dollars in product sold. Maybe someday the people who have had good experiences will post, but wait they dont have time as they are having fun with their vehicles. Its unfortunate... So here is our fake, rude, mean, company that some believe.

FYI here are some pics of our current location. We do sales, service, race prep, and everything (Painting, Vinyl, Tuning, Diagnostics, and more) from our current location. Although Juneish we will be getting a MUCH larger facility to assist in our growing needs!

Old 01-27-2005, 12:07 AM
MrRoboto
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That looks like such a fun place to work at.
Old 01-27-2005, 12:32 AM
ButtDyno
5th Gear

Originally Posted by vividracing
Its nice that some people feel the need to bad mouth others. Our magazine coverage, corporate recognition with companies like Meguiars, Michelin, Rockford Fosgate, and more speak for themselves.
So, people post specific experiences about ordering products that are "in stock" and never getting them, and your response is "we have magazine coverage and recognition with Michelin" ? Which one of those displays anything about customer service?
Old 02-09-2005, 06:29 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Thank you Vivid Racing. I ordered a set of H&R sways from Vivid. They had an attactive price and delivered price and product as agreed. The bars arrived the exact day they were promised. They sent an email confirmation and tracking number. I had a good experience and will buy from them again in the future.

I read the five year old thread that was posted. Obviously not flattering, but...
Sometimes people and companies growup. That is my impression of Vivid Racing. We all learn as we grow.
Thanks guys. Good luck.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:38 PM
ButtDyno
5th Gear

Originally Posted by paradisenb
Thank you Vivid Racing. I ordered a set of H&R sways from Vivid. They had an attactive price and delivered price and product as agreed. The bars arrived the exact day they were promised. They sent an email confirmation and tracking number. I had a good experience and will buy from them again in the future.

I read the five year old thread that was posted. Obviously not flattering, but...
Sometimes people and companies growup. That is my impression of Vivid Racing. We all learn as we grow.
Thanks guys. Good luck.
Yep.. apparently they have "grown up" and moved on to making knockoffs of reputable vendors' parts. This is something that was posted a couple days ago by Worx and Kartboy.

IMHO, business practices like theirs should not be condoned.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:52 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

My parts were sent direct from H&R. Have know personal experiences about other products. I guess your personal experiences have, unfortunately, been diferent than mine.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:55 PM
ButtDyno
5th Gear

I'm not claiming that your H&R's were knockoffs. I'm sure they were legitimately drop shipped. I'm saying that they have an "R&D" department that makes knockoffs of existing products.

Either way, you have all been warned now. Best of luck
Old 02-12-2005, 04:16 AM
Fritzy
4th Gear

For those who are thinking about purchasing ANYTHING from Vivid Racing please do yourself a favour and read THIS 44 page thread at NASIOC started back in 2001.

100s (perhaps 1000s) of people have been royally screwed by Vivid.

My personal experience with Vivid: I ordered $5000 worth of parts from them and it took almost 6 months for Dan "******" Mermelstein at Vivid Racing to send them to me. Of course, right before I paid up-front I was assured that the items were "all in stock" and "ready to ship immediately".

Vivd Racing like to snowball the naive with powerful marketing displays, fancy websites, pictures of their "warehouse" and plenty of gratuitous name-dropping.

But at the end of the day they are a pack of unscrupulous *******.

My opinion is obviously partisan and yes, this is my first post on this forum, but please think very, very carefully before you hand over your hard-earned cash or credit card details to these crooks. I really have your best interests in mind, I'm not trying to sell you anything or encourage you to use "Vendor X" instead.

I just don't want anyone to go through what I and 100s of other people have had to endure at the hands of Vivid Racing and its directors.

CAVEAT EMPTOR!
Old 04-05-2005, 05:40 PM
hypa
1st Gear

I wonder if the Vivid guys noticed that I filed a complaint with Paypal today against them for taking my cash, and refusing to ship the parts.

Caveat Emptor is correct, I will NEVER again do business with Vivid.

That is all.

Quick Reply: Vividracing.com Joins the Rennlist Community