SILVER BADGES

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 12:15 AM
Crimson Nape Racing
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SILVER BADGES

I got myself a silver hood badge for my birthday, and not wanting the "black shoes / brown belt" fashion fax pas, I replaced my gold badged centercaps with the factory Fikse centercaps. Not being able to leave well enough alone, I decided to try to make my gold ones silver. I know I could buy silver ones, but $60 a pop times 4 is a bit much for me right now. Anyway, after a couple failed attempts (and several hours work), I found out that a few minutes with some Mothers aluminum polish and a dremel buffer wheel did the trick. The ones I had are the 356 hood badges (originaly slightly curved - flattened out to fit on the centercaps). They appear to be copper, with a silver finish (nickel?) and a gold finish over that. I do not know if the "flat" ones people sell now (for the center of the steering wheel) are made the same way or not. But if they are, it would be a piece of cake to get rid of the gold.
Attached Images  
Old 10-03-2006, 06:18 PM
northfire
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone tried doing that, buffing off the gold finish, to a 964 hood badge. If so how did you do it?

Quick Reply: SILVER BADGES