Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CDR-210 vs. CDR--220 - Differences?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2001, 08:32 PM
Steve Midgett
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post CDR-210 vs. CDR--220 - Differences?

I have a '93 RS America and I am gooing to replace the original CR-1 unit with a newer, CD unit. I want the new unit to say 'Porsche' on it and not be aftermarket.

I have available to me several used CDR-210 and CDR-220 units. Can anyone describe the difference between the CDR - 210 and the CDR-220 units?

Also, any suggestions on what a used CDR-210 or 220 is worth?

Thanks in advance,

Steve
Old 12-22-2001, 08:46 PM
Ray Calvo
Passed On
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
One thing to keep in mind is the wiring harness connector. If you want to match the original in-car harness, you might be stuck with buying what came with the car originally. You cannot (apparently) buy a harness adapter that matches the in-car factory harness connector.

Besides this, I believe the later units can connect to a Sony unit; the earlier ones (CR-1 based on my '95 car) match to an Alpine changer. Go to the link below for adapter info. Unsure about differences between CDR-210 and CDR-220 since I don't know what cars came with what.

RE prices: check E-Bay PIE adapter chart
Old 12-23-2001, 01:40 AM
GratefulJED
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CDR 210 has slot for CD visible, CDR 220 has flip down face that hides CD slot. I think the CDR 220 was made for the 996, but it will fit into the 993. I think that I did not use the frame. You will need to get the updated face that allows the face to be read from the 993 angle. You will not be able to read the face without moving your head to the center of the car and staring it dead on. Worth the fifty bucks from Becker North America. They will do a swap for you. The functions are pretty much the same between the two. As far as changers go, I still use the Porsche one. I believe ther are others that will work and harnesses that will adapt. I too wanted it to say Porsche, although I did cheat and get the RCA out and remote amp turn on adapter from Becker as well to send the signal to my 800 watt Rockford and then my MB Quart speakers. Rock On!

Quick Reply: CDR-210 vs. CDR--220 - Differences?