Originally Posted by new RTH
If u r a Porsche.....driver there is only One option 2S
If u r a F150 driver go for the 4S
Joke ?
Old 01-25-2011, 11:16 AM
M Fig
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I know this thread is 9 years old and original poster is probably not listening..but I was going to post a thread reviewing my experience in a c4s (6 months of ownership) as I did also own a c2 a few years ago.

So, I can tell you that my initial impressions are that I can't really tell a differenct between the two...I have not driven a C2 and a C4 back to back, but I have owned both and from a daily driving perspective They are VERY similar.

From a normal controled driving (like daily commute) I can't tell a difference. I like to throw the rear end out occaisionally on the streets when a good safe opportunity presents itself and they both meet my needs in this regard. I was delightfully suprised how easy it is to throw the C4S rear end out on a thight turn and keep it in control. I don't feel the front wheels trying to help at all but the rear just doesn't get away from you...it's a really nice experience. I'd suggest that it is easier to control than a C2...So, in this area, i'd give the C4S the nod.

I was also less than impressed with the snow driving with the C4S...I know I need some snow tires and plan to get some before next season, but I didn't think the awd helped much in the snow. at least not as much as I had hoped for...so my overall impression is that the c4s is very similar to the c2. It is nice to have the turbo running gear and wide body...looks better IMHO, and I believe it helps slightly in the control department, but overall, I bet most people would have a hard time telling a difference between the two in a blind taste test...

What do others think?
Old 01-25-2011, 11:58 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by M Fig
I was also less than impressed with the snow driving with the C4S...I know I need some snow tires and plan to get some before next season, but I didn't think the awd helped much in the snow. at least not as much as I had hoped for...so my overall impression is that the c4s is very similar to the c2. It is nice to have the turbo running gear and wide body...looks better IMHO, and I believe it helps slightly in the control department, but overall, I bet most people would have a hard time telling a difference between the two in a blind taste test...

What do others think?
It's all about tires. To recap what I've observed this fall/winter with mine (posted elsewhere here.......a lot......and even on the 964 forum), an AWD 993 probably isn't any better than a RWD 993 driving in the snow WITH PROPER ICE/SNOW TIRES. But you won't get "unstuck" so well without AWD. Or start on an incline. Etc. Even better is the domesticated 959 AWD as found on the 964 C4. I got out of some awkward situations with mine when I had that, and used it for a ski car.

Quick Reply: Carrera 4s vs. Carrera 2s??