Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

does the C2S have the big red brakes as an option?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2001, 10:11 AM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally posted by B-Line home:
<STRONG>
I think just as a precautionary measure, I might install a front brake cooling system (ram air) just to keep my temps down. It's a cheap mod and only cost's about $100 bucks. I have it on my Audi now and I'm glad to have it. Simply, it's a air scoop that is drilled into the skid plate. Hoses that come off the air scoop direct air from underneath the car and onto the rotor. </STRONG>
The 993 does have a cooling duct. Not what you would want in a race car but it will help. My mechanic is making a real brake cooling kit that I will install soon but I have just used 3" ducting to the front of the car and it routes through the fender liner and runs up the rotor. Not sure how well it works but it can't hurt.

"If I do run into problems with my brakes, I will probably get some stoptech' brakes. They are what I have on my Audi and there great."

You won't have any problems and if you do need an upgrade just go with the factory Big Reds and get the kit from FVD that allows you to use a 380mm rotor.

"Hopefully though, I won't have my brake warping problem. I also love having bring stong brakes though. It makes threshold and trail braking a bit more comfortable just because of the confidence it provides."

That is one of the reasons to get a 993. No worries about the brakes.
Old 12-20-2001, 10:17 AM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally posted by B-Line home:
<STRONG>oh yeah,
I have pagid orange pads for my stoptech brakes. Will they fit on the C2S brakes or are they a different size and configuration. As I am not a wrench turner I'm not sure about the specs and dimensions of brake pads.. Or is it all universal..
Also, do you guys who use Pagid oranges use those pads for the street too? Or do you swap at the track?
What recommendations do you have for street pads if you swap?
thanks.</STRONG>
The pads will have a part number. You need to have a 1204 for front and 1203 for rear.Look on this web page for more applications. http://www.northstarmotorsports.com/...ate&ChartID=27

You can run them all the time but they will make noise. They are easy to change out if you want to. Use the stock pads if you are going to swap out.

Greg
Old 12-20-2001, 01:52 PM
os993
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 252 Posts
Originally posted by Greg Fishman:
<STRONG>You can run them all the time but they will make noise. They are easy to change out if you want to. Use the stock pads if you are going to swap out.
Greg</STRONG>
I'm curious, do most folks switch both front and rears when tracking (ie Pagid Oranges) or do most just pop some Pagid's in front and keep the rears OEM??

Just curious.
Old 12-21-2001, 11:35 PM
B-Line home
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On my audi, I used to only swap out the fronts..
I can't speak for the Pcars...
But since the front brakes do so much more of the work,
I never bothered with the rears..
And my car drove great...
Old 12-22-2001, 01:16 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally posted by Oleg Steciw:
<STRONG>

I'm curious, do most folks switch both front and rears when tracking (ie Pagid Oranges) or do most just pop some Pagid's in front and keep the rears OEM??

Just curious. </STRONG>
Oleg,

Best to change out both front and rear. If you only do the front you will affect the brake bias and may end up with an unbalanced car. My experience with the Pagids were that they were good pads but they didn't release well(not sure if this is the correct terminology) and it resulted in the car feeling like there was too much rear bias. I changed to Hawk Blues and the difference was as dramatic as changing from stock pads to P.Orange.
Greg

Quick Reply: does the C2S have the big red brakes as an option?