Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM ROAD & RACE!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 11:17 PM
RM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a car that was totally misrepresented by Don Rosen. It is a long story but Rosen knew that the salesman had flat out lied to me and they did step up to the plate for about $3,600.00 in repairs.

I learned a good ($$$) lesson on that one. I will never, ever, ever buy a car without laying my eyes on it.

RM
Old 12-29-2004, 01:19 AM
Shant Ohannessian
Racer

Originally Posted by Mark in Hermosa
So let me get this straight. You waited a year to go back to R&R because the pedals wouldn't fit properly. You didn't get the response you wanted to hear, so you are telling us not to buy anything from them? A little harsh, no? I know Dave B. I can assure you he would have rectified the situation rather quickly. I think I will continue to purchase from Dave.

Any chance it was "installer error"? Kinda like the time you were installing your shocks a few years ago? Or perhaps when you were installing your short shift kit?
Hey Mark,
Yup, i've been pretty busy so I havent had time to fix something that should have been a 5 min DIY (Do It Yourself). Speaking of DIY, i wrote a 5 page DIY on Robin's website on how to install a short shift kit so i never had any problems and i actually helped a few members out. You can view the DIY on Robins website HERE (Note the author name) And I never had problems installing my shocks a few years ago. Bilstein just forgot to include the locking collars with my shocks. When i took it to get the 4 wheel corner balance, the guy had an extra set so he hooked it up. Not to sound prude or anything but i am mechanically inclined. I can assure you this was no "installer error." Dave knew of this problem very well.
A few of us on this forum had problems with the plastic piece. You can read other rennlist members having the exact same problem as i am on page 3 of this thread. https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ight=Road+Race
Mark, if you need further proof, i can email you the emails that others have emailed me regarding about the same problem as i have had. So i am not the only one. Others have returned and got their money back. i just want to be treated equally like others. Thats all.

This can be extremly dangerous (You can ask Steve ca993twin) because as we were on a road cruise, my accelerator pedal popped out of the ball joint linkage which i thought the ball joint was in the plastic piece but i guess not. Imagine if it pops out and gets stuck WOT. Not pretty.

If you read just a few posts above your post on this thread, yet another customer not happy with Road & Race.
Originally Posted by Rick Lee
I had a pretty big problem with MS R&R too. They shipped me the wrong spring plates for my Carrera and this was after I called to verify the ones on eBay were for a G50. Not only were they not for a G50, but the plates and t-bar tubes were mismatched. They were for a late-60's, shorter wheel base 911. Of course, I didn't find this out until I tried to install them, after which they had a few scratches on them, but were still in new condition and the only marks on them would have been covered by the bushings. After a lot of back and forth, they refused to take them back and actually sent them to me again, after refusing my return. Luckily, I paid by credit card and I won the dispute. I still have those plates sitting here in my office and they are useless.

I am not attacking Dave in anyway. Im just sharing my truthful experience with R&R.
Old 12-29-2004, 02:19 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 347 Posts
Talking Brutal....

Brutal, Mark, Brutal.... I agree, a year is a bit long to address a problem.

On to a more pleasant norte, I hope SC pulls it off, and see you at the track. How about the 29th and 30th with POC. The 29th is the school, the 30th the one (1) day event.

Best regards,
Old 12-29-2004, 02:44 PM
Shant Ohannessian
Racer

Originally Posted by Martin S.
Brutal, Mark, Brutal.... I agree, a year is a bit long to address a problem.

On to a more pleasant norte, I hope SC pulls it off, and see you at the track. How about the 29th and 30th with POC. The 29th is the school, the 30th the one (1) day event.

Best regards,
Hey Martin,
Im planning on going if work permits. I bought a strut bar and of course new pedals from aj-usa for the POC event. Hope to see you there.
Old 12-29-2004, 03:01 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 347 Posts

Shant,

I will be at that POC event...for certain. In addition, I will do a tune up on the 24th at the one (1) day TracQuest event at the Big Track, Willow Springs International Raceway.

If you are doing the POC event, and you have not done the school, do the school on the 29th. In order to get a POC Short Track Series License which will allow you to run solo at the Streets and to advance to the POC Time Trial series, you will need this license, AND getting it requires a one (1) day POC driving school. It is well run and you will learn a lot.

The AJ USA strut bar and racing pedals will help.

Best regards,

Quick Reply: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM ROAD & RACE!