Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pushrods Prevail In 24 Hours of Daytona

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2002, 06:43 PM
Buck
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey George, just curious, do you have a Rolls-Royce grill on your 911? Sorry, couldn't resist.

I don't have any issues with pushrod motors. I've had and built plenty of them. When people say they are old technology they're off base. There are some very hi-tech pushrod motors. Old architecture but hi-tech. Modern pushrod motors have a lot less reciprocating loss than do multi-cam engines. Turning all those gears and cams cost HP. It comes down to purity of the breed that ruffles feathers. An AKC breeder would consider a cross between a German Shepard and a Rottweiler a mutt but I met it would make a very good pet.

All that really matters is if it squeezes your adrenalin glad.
Old 02-04-2002, 08:41 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
OK George, I don't get why this is important to you.

Did you build one of these winning engines (pushrod or other)? If so, my congratulations go out to you. If not, then I have to confess my confusion as to why you even bring this up.
Old 02-05-2002, 08:18 AM
Carlos
Banned

I think it has something to do with the numerous referrences by posters to the American V8's as only being suitable for bus and truck motors.
Old 02-05-2002, 09:21 AM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by Carlos:
<strong>I think it has something to do with the numerous referrences by posters to the American V8's as only being suitable for bus and truck motors.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I am on this board almost everyday and have never seen anything even remotely close to what you are inferring. Do you have an example? Or are you just running your mouth as usual?
Old 02-08-2002, 02:03 PM
J Stewart
Intermediate

Angry

George - I think I speak for everyone who reads the Rennlist when I ask, "if you like American pushrood V-8's so much, why not just drive a Viper, Vette or a Mustang, shut up and leave us all alone?" Every chance you get, you are on here telling us how great these motors are. You know what? We DON'T CARE!
Old 02-08-2002, 02:58 PM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
George and Carolos,

What does any of this have to do with 993s? Why don't you go back to the lounge where you can get others to stoop to you intellectual and communication level and LEAVE THE REST OF US ALONE! I don't get why you are here. You obviously aren't interested in the finer points of German technology or owning German automobiles. If I wanted to hear about pushrods v8s and drag racing, I'd get some chew, a baseball cap, a big belt buckle and move on over to the chevy list.
Old 02-08-2002, 11:18 PM
ked
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
guys, blow off the George & Carlos show. there is no there there. once he dissembled on the offer to race (bailing on what he thought was a technicality - now THAT's a competitor), admitted he had never rat-raced outside of "swampland", never entered a Porsche DE / track event, revels in "pushing those elitist buttons" every time he posts (incredible self-importance , eh?), it becomes clear there is just no effective way to dialog with him ("line it up or..." bs ad nauseum). it isn't that he doesn't have a fast car, hasn't done or paid for a lot of hi-perf upgrades, or doesn't know his way around drag strips & dentist's offices... it just that he displays a limited & insufferable world view conbined w/ bad manners. like w/ any poorly behaving child (who isn't your own), just ignore him... w/ a tinge of pity.
Old 02-08-2002, 11:21 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Kevin, wonderfully said.

Here's hoping EVERYONE can take that to heart. Trying to think of the analogy here... if everyone doesn't buy in, the gnats will never go away.

Quick Reply: Pushrods Prevail In 24 Hours of Daytona