Mississippi -- Help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2002, 11:06 AM
Jeff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Mississippi -- Help.

Anyone have any experience with Higginbotham Porsche in Mississippi?? They have a car I'm interested in and I'd like some insight into their sales and service reputation.
Also, can anyone recommend a good independant Porsche mechanic in Mississippi? I may need one for a PPI.
Thanks
Old 08-25-2002, 04:37 PM
HueyN
Advanced

Jeff,

Most of the folks here in Jackson bring their porsches to Scott Spencer at German Motor Werks (601) 853-1311 if not to the porsche dealership. I've heard only good things about this mechanic so far. Most of the porsche owners say that Scott is the best you can find here in Mississippi. Since, I'm not a p-car owner yet, I've personally never had any experiences with him.

Hope he can help you out.

-Huey
Old 08-26-2002, 04:33 AM
User 121721
Racer

About Higgenbotham -- different ownership when I went there (Blackwell was the name). I got to know some of the staff and they sold cars to friends of mine. Thomas Townsend is an upstanding guy, as is Brent Marsh -- I would deal with either of them. As far as service, they have one mechanic, his name is Sid, and he works part time. But he is a Porsche master mechanic and always did a great job on my car. He impressed me as supremely competent. I felt very lucky to have him around in such a desolate area (desolate as far as Porsches are concerned).
Old 09-02-2002, 12:42 PM
Jamie
Track Day

Talking

Jeff,

I purchased my 96 Cab from them last year. I got a good car at a good price. I live in Memphis so I have no information on service.
I had two problems with the purchase. First, I bought the car for cash on Dec 24, 2001. They could not provide me the title until late February 2002. Also, the car was Porsche Certified. When I went to my local dealer in June 2002 for some work they advised the cert. warranty was not in the system. I called Higgenbotham and they said they forgot to send the check to Porsche. After a call from Porsche, Higgenbotham sent in the warranty check.
If you purchase from a Porsche dealer get the cert. warranty. It has saved me over $5,000 so far.
Are you looking at the blue 96 targa? They had it when I bought mine in December. Im sure they are ready to move it at this point.

Jamie

Quick Reply: Mississippi -- Help.