RH CUPRAD WHEELS/ FALKE TYRES

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2002, 04:51 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts
Question RH CUPRAD WHEELS/ FALKE TYRES

I really like the look of the RH Cuprad wheel. It is deep, great looking and at a very good price. I looked on the archives and did not find any feedback on these wheels. So I called a well respected wheel vendor who carries the wheel and he suggested to me that he would not recommend them because they are heavy. I explained that I plan to continue using my stock 17"s for the track and I want the RH for the street purely on looks. He said that they would not be suitable for the street either! He suggested the Kinesis supercup or the factory RS wheel since I want that look. I thought about it but they are more expensive and still in the looks department in my eyes the RH beats them. I went to the RH site and this specific rim is TUV approved for the 993! So again I'm confused! What would be the consequences on using the "heavy" wheel??? Do I run the risk of ripping out the suspension? How would TUV approve such a rim if it was not safe?
Your guidance always appreciated!
Also since we are on this subject has anyone had any experience with the Falke tires???
Old 02-02-2002, 12:07 PM
magistro
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw the RH Cupard wheels on a Boxster and they looked great. I too wanted them for my 993 C4.

The two piece look is fake (they do make a true 3 piece, which is somewhat lighter) and they are very heavy, some 8 pounds over your stock 17" cup wheels. This of course will add to the unsprung weight, therefore mismatching springs/shocks that have rates engineered to your chassis.

I'm a believer in "you get what you pay for", at set of the RH for $1500. compared to a set of Kinesis for $3000.

IMO it does not make sence to compromise the engineering of your Porsche with less than the highest quality products, especially those that meet the ground.

Quick Reply: RH CUPRAD WHEELS/ FALKE TYRES