Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine removal phase 4

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 11:01 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a fun project... A couple of tips as you are nearing the removial, DO MAKE the plate that bolts to the tunnel area that the manual shows for the torque tube not to fall down when it is separated from the transaxle. Also, it is easier to remove the throttle cable at the pedal and just slide it all the way through the tube. Removing it from the bracket and the throttle body and then reinstalling as you are putting it back in can be VERY painful. I have seen people take several hours to accomplish this (Silver Bullet comes mind).

Good luck....
Old 12-16-2004, 01:05 PM
Toga
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by viperbob
Looks like a fun project... A couple of tips as you are nearing the removial, DO MAKE the plate that bolts to the tunnel area that the manual shows for the torque tube not to fall down when it is separated from the transaxle. Also, it is easier to remove the throttle cable at the pedal and just slide it all the way through the tube. Removing it from the bracket and the throttle body and then reinstalling as you are putting it back in can be VERY painful. I have seen people take several hours to accomplish this (Silver Bullet comes mind).

Good luck....
Hi Viperbob!
Yes I did the plate to hold the torque tube. But I saw your post to o late for the throttle cable Well! You'll see in the phase five I just posted that I removed every rubber seal with the cable. I'll let you know how it goes when I'll refit it. But may be you know already

Quick Reply: Engine removal phase 4