Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Happy Holidays from Viperbob and Devek...

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 11:57 PM
solsrch
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having installed the RS pulley not too long ago, I recommend it. Meanwhile, Bob, can you talk about the 8mm plug wire advantage. I understand lower resistance, but does it really make a difference?
Old 12-19-2004, 12:37 AM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

A dumb question. What is an RS Pulley and what is the advantage? Will this take the place of the pulley update?
Old 12-19-2004, 01:17 AM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Thought you might like to see a recent photo of Bob working on my car in his new shop.
Attached Images  
Old 12-19-2004, 01:27 AM
solsrch
Pro

I did the RS pulley instead of the update. It reduces your number of belts by one. Recommend a search as there are details (I used them to take the plunge).
Old 12-19-2004, 02:25 AM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sorry, sometimes get lazy when the topic of conversation is within the thread. Here is one of many links I found on the topic. Still not sure what to do though. https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ight=rs+pulley
Old 12-19-2004, 07:55 AM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The two perches weigh a combined 1.4 pounds.

or about 3 Christmas fruit.

Police Nevada
Dave
Old 12-19-2004, 08:10 AM
solsrch
Pro

Father of 3,
Basically you'll pull the A/C unit and the fan/alternator assembly. Change out the fan hub, put it back together and lose one belt in the process. You only have one belt to drive the fan and the alternator together, instead of one for each. You really need the 12 point star wrench to hold the shaft and I used a pulley puller. The whole DIY doesn't take too long unless you have a hiccup. (I think my trip to the emergency room and 2 stiches falls in this category. ) It really is pretty easy. Personally, I don't see any downside to the mod except the $100+ plus dollars for parts and the time it takes to do it. I was having some fan belt problems and felt I either needed to update the pulley halves or . . . just go the RS route. I sort of think ViperBob posted something that he could do it without even messing with the A/C but I'm just a simple guy so I took the path that looked straightforward to me.
I considered powder coating my fan blades while they were out but didn't want to wait to put everything back together. This is an ideal opportunity if your into that look.
Does that help?
Old 12-19-2004, 11:23 AM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by solsrch
Father of 3,
Basically you'll pull the A/C unit and the fan/alternator assembly. Change out the fan hub, put it back together and lose one belt in the process. You only have one belt to drive the fan and the alternator together, instead of one for each. You really need the 12 point star wrench to hold the shaft and I used a pulley puller. The whole DIY doesn't take too long unless you have a hiccup. (I think my trip to the emergency room and 2 stiches falls in this category. ) It really is pretty easy. Personally, I don't see any downside to the mod except the $100+ plus dollars for parts and the time it takes to do it. I was having some fan belt problems and felt I either needed to update the pulley halves or . . . just go the RS route. I sort of think ViperBob posted something that he could do it without even messing with the A/C but I'm just a simple guy so I took the path that looked straightforward to me.
I considered powder coating my fan blades while they were out but didn't want to wait to put everything back together. This is an ideal opportunity if your into that look.
Does that help?
Thanks. What I imeant was I still don't know if I'll buy. I need to do the pulley update at some point anyway so probably logical to step up, and the way it seems, pehaps even cheaper than EOM? Thanks again.
Old 12-19-2004, 10:16 PM
solsrch
Pro

Oops. Sorry, I misunderstood. Did anyone ever find out the "special" price.
Old 12-19-2004, 10:30 PM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I emailed Devek Friday afternoon but have not yet received an answer.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:26 PM
Only1Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Thanks

Just wanted to say thanks to all at Devek who helped while I placed my order today and answered all my questions...great products coming from great people...it was a pleasure doing business with you...Austin's enthuisiasm was infectious
Old 12-30-2004, 04:29 AM
GeezC4S
Racer

Originally Posted by ppressle
I'd like to offer a great big thank you to Viper Bob!

I just returned from meeting Bob and picking up my brand new short shift lever! Bob was great and I feel lucky to have such an excellent expert nearby.
Ditto.....It's so coool living in the Bay Area and having VB as not only a friend, but as a super cool P-car resource.

I just couldn't get the short shift kit, I had to get the RS rear brake upgrade too.

I'm going down the slope fast. Now those RS motor mounts sure seem to be calling my name.
Old 12-31-2004, 06:08 AM
CAHRERA
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

DAMN! G!

You ain't lyin' about going down that slippery slope. It's a lot different from the those ole Mustang Days. Ain't it?
Old 12-31-2004, 12:43 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the GREAT response to our Holiday Specials. Not only are a lot or Rennlisters getting some great stuff for their coveted Porsches, but I have made a number of new friends at the shop and on the phone.

With this tremendous response, it seems we have depleted the PCNA inventories of just about everything 993 related. Some of the items are now coming to us PDX out of Germany, so it may take a week or two to get but we will still be honoring the special pricing.

Today was to be the last day of the promotion, but we did not figure in that we are officially closed today (not great planning) so we will be honoring this pricing through Monday January 3rd. There will be folks, including myself, at the shop off and on today anyway so we will try and help if you do call.....

Thanks again and have a Happy New Year!!!!!!
Old 12-31-2004, 03:55 PM
GeezC4S
Racer

Originally Posted by CAHRERA
DAMN! G!

You ain't lyin' about going down that slippery slope. It's a lot different from the those ole Mustang Days. Ain't it?

Yeah Scott, I got it bad........A severe case of slippery slope(itis).....

Much different than the Mustang days, but still the same satisfying results.

Holla

Quick Reply: Happy Holidays from Viperbob and Devek...