Sponsored by:

Recaro SRD Sources

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2001, 01:23 PM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts
Post Recaro SRD Sources

Santa may decide to be good to me this year... Can anyone recommend a good source in the Washington DC area (or anywhere)? Does anyone know the cost esp. if color is matched (in cloth not leather) to a light grey interior? Thanks for any response!
Old 12-11-2001, 02:00 AM
George Helser
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
George from MD,

I just installed a Recaro SRD in my 993 (see recent post “Installed SRD but NO more
headroom, YET!&#8221 .

My car is Arctic Silver and the interior is Dove Gray. I bought a gray cloth Recaro SRD
with crotch belt opening from Autosport in Calif 480-982-9800. Don was good to deal
with. The Recaro SRD was $545 + $40 for crotch hole + $189 for adapter set + $24
shipping & insurance.

The Dove Gray 993 interior is a little more blue than the gray SRD but looking through
the tinted glass you cannot tell. It does not look out of place. I LIKE being in a cloth seat and the SRD fits me well.

I took advantage of the seat holes and installed a 6-point harness for autocross & DE.

I bought the SRD to lower me in the car to fit with a helmet. In the end, I could not use the stock adapter set (67.90.10) because it gave me stock height. (I custom fitted
Recaro Mustang low profile sliders to lower me in the car.)
Therefore, I have a standard SRD-993 adapter set I did not use, except for the “L” seat
belt bracket. I will sell you the $189 adapter set (less L bracket) for $89 plus shipping.

Regards,
George
In sunny Arizona
Old 12-11-2001, 02:01 AM
Sam N
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
George,

Have you contacted OGRacing in Virginia? www.ogracing.com (800)934-9112. I have ordered various parts from Autothority in No. Virginia also, www.autothority.com. Otherwise, for non-local, I usually order from Danny @ Up on 3 Racing in So. Cal. He has great prices. (888)392-RACE.

Merry X-Mas!
Sam
Old 12-11-2001, 11:13 AM
rich beebe
Intermediate

george,

definitely call bill love @ og racing (see number in sam's post above) for a quote and information. og racing has been very supportive of local car clubs (worked directly with og racing as the president of the local chapter of the BMW car club) for years and they're good people to work with. good luck.
Old 12-11-2001, 11:22 AM
Tom Trew
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
George - Another source to try is Dave Toy at Autowerke in Rockville. He is also a PCA sponsor and a Recaro dealer. I bought mine through him, he was competitive with the mail order houses and local for advise, etc. He can order any customization you might want.

Tom
Old 12-11-2001, 12:27 PM
rich beebe
Intermediate

funny, i didn't think of dave at autowerke's. dave is a friend of mine, we used to paddock together at summit point (scca), and if you mention my name, he'll probably charge you more. <g> seriously, it might not hurt to mention my name (as someone who mentioned him to you - even though tom really did), but it might not matter either.
Old 12-11-2001, 03:03 PM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts
Thanks to all- and congratulations Tom I understand you're now a VP!

Also, I know Bill (he might not remember me); he's been very helpful on other stuff but is definitely a Sparco seat guy.
Old 12-12-2001, 06:00 PM
JL
Intermediate

Try Par Porsche in New Rochelle NY www.parcars.com.

JL

Quick Reply: Recaro SRD Sources