Opinion: Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 12:29 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by paradisenb
Would it be safe to assume a progressive spring improves handling a lot? Sound like the best of both worlds. Smooth yet firm when needed for cornering. Any big compromises in handling. I guess adjustable sways are not absolutely necessary to acheive VERY good handling, right?
Yeap...a nice coilover setup will change dramatically the car's behavior. When I first drove my cabrio after the change I could not believe the transformation. That without adjustable sways...
Old 11-21-2004, 12:37 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No matter what shock option, I will definitely be changing the sways. I want her to move like a Pro on a Las Vegas runway. (some kind of horse comes to mind) Will the ROW M030 make this happen?
Old 11-21-2004, 11:12 AM
Midnight Rider
Racer

Randy- I meant end of 400 way up north. Was heading up to tear the mtns. Sounds like it wasnt you anyway. Lets hook up some time. cheers. What part of town do you live in
Old 11-21-2004, 12:47 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

... Will the ROW M030 make this happen?
It did for me.
Old 11-22-2004, 12:20 PM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

Blickie--I was asking Randy if he was around the other day as my GF saw a red 993 similar to his in Midtown....at any rate, I'm in Brookhaven and have suggested to Randy that we try to get a drive put together sometime for the folks in the Peachstate on Rennlist.

Let me know what you think!
Old 11-22-2004, 01:12 PM
akolodesh
Three Wheelin'

akolodesh: I am not familiar with the JIC/Cross Coilovers. Anyone else know anything about them?
I am not too familiar with them. I have heard good things about them from a few other rennlisters. They seem to be good quality, Very adjustable and priced competively (for high end components - which they seem to be). They seem to make sense as an option to the pss9's. I like the ajustable camber plate they come with - a savings of around $400 if I'm not mistaken (for the person that get the Bilstein coilovers and adds the camber plates seperately). I am still researching them and will post as I get more info.

Quick Reply: Opinion: Suspension