Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can someone tell me how to post a picture with a topic?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2001, 10:03 PM
McCulla
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Can someone tell me how to post a picture with a topic?

I think I've checked out all the faq spots but am not finding anything other than the "image" button below.... [img]null[/img]
Old 12-09-2001, 10:29 PM
ed devinney
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts
One way is to embed a UBB code in your message by pressing the Image button. That asks you for a URL or address for the image, which you have to load onto a web server somewhere.

As an AOL user, you have 5MB of space on the web for each of your screen names. Try keyword Homepage to get the lowdown on how to upload images. Once uploaded (either to AOL or with an address somewhere else on the web), click Image, enter the address, and voila.

Old 12-10-2001, 12:35 AM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Rennlist will host your under 180kb "jpg" or "gif" image file uploaded from your computer. Go to the Rennlist Home Page. Click on "Upload Photo" at the top of the page and follow the instructions.

You then click the "image" button when posting to the Board & copy & paste your image location as directed. Easier to do than to describe.
Old 12-10-2001, 09:43 PM
McCulla
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dan96C2, Thanks for the tip-took me about 6 times (computer illiterate!) but I got it posted finally. Pretty easy except I don't know how to copy/paste so I just typed the http address into the box provided. Slick!
Old 12-10-2001, 11:50 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by McCulla:
<STRONG>... I don't know how to copy/paste ...</STRONG>
Simple:

Move the cursor to the first character you want to copy. Press and hold the left mouse button and drag/move the cursor to the last character you want & then release the button leaving the selected text highlighted. Then, do any of the following: (1) from the Edit menu at the top of your browser select Copy, or (2) click the right mouse button & select "copy," or (3) hold down "Ctrl" & hit the "C" key. With any of the methods the selected text will be copied to the computer "clipboard."

Next move the cursor to where you want to
paste whatever you just copied. Then (1) from the Edit menu at the top of your browser select Paste, or (2) click the right mouse button & select "paste," or (3) hold down "Ctrl" & hit the "V" key.

If you want to "cut & paste" just substitute "cut" (or Ctrl+X) instead of copy (Ctrl+C).

BTW, the clipboard only remembers one thing at a time, so when you next copy or cut you'll replace whatever was last in the clipboard.

Car content - Like driving well, it just takes seat time to perfect your skills. Have fun perfecting your technique

Quick Reply: Can someone tell me how to post a picture with a topic?