Sponsored by:

Cayenne mailer from Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2001, 09:09 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts
Question Cayenne mailer from Porsche

Did any of you receive a mailer yesterday or today from Porsche about the Cayenne?

I think this is the same piece Adrian mentioned receiving in Switzerland a few weeks ago.

The copy plays off performance and heritage, especially a heritage of "some of the most unexpected, innovative and exciting achievements the automotive world has known."

Competition, on and off the road, figures prominently in it.

Every photo is of a 911, except for a very small shot of #001.

I want the race program back. Especially at Le Mans. But I also want a healthy PAG.

Hhhhmmmmm...

Mike in Chi
Old 12-05-2001, 10:19 PM
911-TOUR
Rennlist Member

Received 322 Likes on 166 Posts
Mike, Everyone else,

You can pick these brochures up at your local dealer. Both Advantage and Mommentum here in Houston have them. It's very similar to the material on the official Porsche website.

There are supposedly going to be 4, leading up to the launch. PAG want's all current owners to at least consider a Cayenne. If I had the extra dough, I sure would. Grin.

cheers,

sean
Old 12-05-2001, 10:35 PM
GratefulJED
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How much is the Cayenne going to be? Options??
Old 12-05-2001, 11:06 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts
Sean

I was in the dealer two weeks ago, and he didn't have any. I try not to go in too often, it leads to crazy thoughts.

NM98

The brochure didn't have any pricing.

the November automobile says first out will be a 340 hp 4.5 liter V-8, the a 450 horse Turbo, and finally six cylinder based on VW's VR6. It list s the first two as being Tips, and says the Turbo version will outperform the baase 996. E-mail Bill Hodges, he may have a line on prices.

Mike
Old 12-05-2001, 11:48 PM
Anir
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Mike,

I received the brochure as well. Not very useful. I wonder why Porsche is so secretive about the SUV's appearance, when the cars will start arriving in just over half a year.

I don't want to start any flames, please, but I also wonder why they think the fried egg headlight treatment is OK for every damn model in the line. Doesn't do much for me on the Boxster or 996, and I doubt it will look any better (to me ) on a SUV. I understand the cost savings realized with shared components, but don't enthusiasts, particularly of high-end autos, want (and deserve?) a bit of individuality in their rides?
Old 12-06-2001, 01:05 AM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Even I (as a lowly early 964 owner) have received the Cayenne info. A coworker who has owned only BMW's all his life received it too (he laughed, asked "why the hell is Porsche making this thing?" and promptly tossed it in the garbage).

I hope this program is successful to help keep Porsche profitable. But I wonder if this truck may go the way of the 928... Fast, expensive and trendy when new, but high depreciation, excessively expensive maintenance, and poor resale values could set in over time. In the end, I'll bet the 911 will still stand up to the test of time.
Old 12-06-2001, 01:18 AM
Ray Calvo
Passed On
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink

Haven't gotten a doggone thing from Porsche on the Chili Pepper (they probably know me too well from the past 25 years of 911 ownership)
Old 12-06-2001, 01:23 AM
os993
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 258 Posts
Originally posted by Ray Calvo:
<STRONG>Haven't gotten a doggone thing from Porsche on the Chili Pepper (they probably know me too well from the past 25 years of 911 ownership) </STRONG>
Absolutely hilarious! Ray, you're a piece of work and I look forward to meeting you some day!
Old 12-06-2001, 09:14 AM
HessuJ
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Anir:
<STRONG>Mike,

I received the brochure as well. Not very useful. I wonder why Porsche is so secretive about the SUV's appearance, when the cars will start arriving in just over half a year.

</STRONG>
OK, take a look at these spyshots.
Cayenne: http://www.thecarconnection.com/inde...56,178&sid=178
http://www.motortrend.com/feb01/cayenne/1.html

VW SUV (codename colorado): http://www.thecarconnection.com/inde...56,178&sid=178

I makes me feel sad... PAG is turning into just another volkswagen. Please, pull it back...

I'm glad that at least Ferrari is true to it's customers...
Old 12-06-2001, 09:18 AM
Doc Vorce

I received the Cayenne information package yesterday as well. I've misplaced it already.

Shucks.

Quick Reply: Cayenne mailer from Porsche