A NEW Tire Question...

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 02:14 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mac993
Excuse my ignorance but what does the "N" spec (ie. n0,n1) on the tires stand for. TIA.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete...al/porsche.jsp
Old 11-17-2004, 03:44 PM
mac993
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks Viken
Old 11-17-2004, 06:32 PM
campbesl
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 83 Posts

And yet ANOTHER UPDATE to this elongated, twisted and absolutely unconscionable story:

Brandon of Tire Rack called yesteday to say that they can only sell me ONE TIRE. Hmmph. Brandon told me that this issue (Critical Inventory Action or something like that) was being expanded by Porsche NA to cover other brands of tires as well. He suspected that Porsche NA had brokered a deal to sell N-rated tires exclusively through the stealerships.

I called Michelin Customer Relations AGAIN and asked for Expert Ed. Instead I got Andreas. Andreas checked into things then just put me through to (sp?) Brotis of Corporate Customer Relations.

Brotis offered to refund money to me based on existing tread life of my front tires so that I could go out and buy four Bridgestones (his selection) or some other competitor's tires. Even at Michelin they're showing signs of losing hope.

Upon further investigation Brotis told me that a shipload of tires was "on the water or at Customs" and should be available by end of this week or early next. I told Brotis that I would wait for the MPS Ribs rather than invest more money to switch over (I had a stinking suspicion that the prorated reimbursement would leave my wallet wanting). Brotis PROMISED to call me when he hears more Friday or Monday. I'm waiting...

Also, I broached the subject of Porsche NA channelling the inventory of N-rated tires to their stealerships - Michelins and others. Brotis poo-poo'd that idea and said that it was simply an issue of production and allocation. He indicated that he was challenged to get adequate supplies of our favorite Michelin tires shipped over to North America. Evidently there is no Dr. Evil controlled empire trying to corner the world market on Porsche rated tires.

I remain...

Scott

Quick Reply: A NEW Tire Question...