Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fabspeed Supercups...I have just got to...

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 10:21 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 536 Likes on 350 Posts
Talking Just heard from Joe Fabiani, and .....

he has a got a pair in stock for me, maybe for you too if you are lucky. PM me if you want any more details...I don't want to bore the Board with my present aural obsession.

Best regards,
Old 11-09-2004, 11:05 AM
Sam N
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry I missed the Pcar drive Mark. Sounds like you had a blast. I went for a drive with the FCA guys (small group) 348TS, 360CS, etc. and everyone thought there was a 5.0 liter Mustang following us! Supercups are outrageous! Snap, crackle, pop . . . . its only my Supercups.

Best of luck Martin.
Old 11-11-2004, 12:13 PM
Bokonon
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick update

Last night I installed the Fabspeed intake and my resonance dropped *dramatically*. Its MUCH more bearable. Its no louder, but sounds more throaty for sure. I HIGHLY recommend pairing the intake with the supercups. My standard (non motorsound intake) created an UNBEARABLE amount of resonance (as you could tell by my previous post). I am a happy camper now.

I guess its a no-brainer to do the intake before the exhaust, but just thought I would post this for the archives just in case.
-terry
Old 11-11-2004, 01:10 PM
TroyN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Terry, you were referring to the Fabspeed airbox, right? Maybe I need this, I have resonance w/ my Cargraphic mufflers too.
Old 11-11-2004, 01:18 PM
flatair
Racer

Interesting, wonder what the 'physics' is behind the reduced resonance caused by pairing the intake with supercups?

On another note, the supercups have a fantastic sound and cut alot of weight from the rear of the car, but might be a tad too raucus for some. I know some people here have used the CC inserts to quiet them a bit - do they make a big difference?
Old 11-11-2004, 01:27 PM
slapshot
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Troy, you list you have a Sport air box cover, aka Motorsound air cover. The only difference is the Fabspeed is a complete cut away. The sound difference will probably not be appreciable from a resonance stanpoint unless you in fact do not have the Motorsound and still have a standard. Check to see if there are little holes drilled on the side and possibly a silver lining/stainless steel lip around the intake mouth. If you have the drilled holes, you are probably just spending money unnecessarily in getting a full cut out. Also do a search and you will find some interesting differing opinions on the complete cut away Fab Speed air box and effects on engine temp, OBD system, etc.
Old 11-11-2004, 06:55 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bokonon
Last night I installed the Fabspeed intake and my resonance dropped *dramatically*. Its MUCH more bearable. Its no louder, but sounds more throaty for sure. I HIGHLY recommend pairing the intake with the supercups. My standard (non motorsound intake) created an UNBEARABLE amount of resonance (as you could tell by my previous post). I am a happy camper now.

I guess its a no-brainer to do the intake before the exhaust, but just thought I would post this for the archives just in case.
-terry
I have supercups on my car......I can't hear the "intake" sound....hell I can't hear myself think....
You can hear the intake with supercups?
Old 11-11-2004, 06:59 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 728 Likes on 337 Posts

I can't hear what my neighbors say when I'm drivin' by either. I can see their fists shaking in the air though
Old 11-11-2004, 07:32 PM
vuugti
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm with Martin on this. Oh so sweet! I'd say they are 50% louder than the RSRs I replaced. RSRs are nice, but Supercups make your car come alive. It's what their meant to sound like. A close second was a set of Turner race pipes on my old E36 M3, that was a very cool sound, a little higher pitch, but very cool (a little OT). The Supercups are not for the faint of heart. Go to a race, if you like what you hear from a 993 race car, you'll need Supercups.

Cheers,
Andy
Old 11-11-2004, 08:20 PM
slapshot
Racer

There's a scene in the film Braveheart where the entire regiment of horses take off to meet their adversary. That thundering sound, those hundreds of hooves . . . that's what my Supercups sound like!
Old 11-11-2004, 08:33 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 536 Likes on 350 Posts
Talking

Swapped mufflers with Mike today...he has my RSRs/Techart tips and I have his Sound Package mufflers that are going to be changed out to Fabspeed Supercups, possibly as soon as Monday!

Note, Mike will probably be selling the Sound package mufflers on Rennlist soon. If you are interested. Keep your eyes open.

I can hardly wait...that ride in Slapshots Supercup equipped 993 sent me over the edge. You have got to hear them to believe them...I am now a believer!!!

Also note, the latest iteration of Supercups come with sound deflectors should you need to direct the sound to a particular side of the car in the instance of a Track sound check such as Laguna Seca. In closing, the baffles are permanent...no worries about the baffles with the latest model. I amready for "Christmas" Santa!

Last edited by Martin S.; 11-11-2004 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Duh, I forgot something!
Old 11-11-2004, 09:03 PM
slapshot
Racer

Congratulations are in order Martin! And ya, it's funny, just starting the damn thing up, it never, and I don't care how bad of a mood one is in or how down in the dumps, and I mean never, ceases to put an ear to ear s#@t eating grin all over one's face. The pops, crackles, throaty belches! Could never go back. No offense to anyone but, if one wants tame, drive a Volvo.

Last edited by slapshot; 11-11-2004 at 09:48 PM.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:22 AM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 365 Likes on 217 Posts

The comment I hear a lot is, "What do you have in there?".
Old 11-12-2004, 02:57 AM
nman413
Drifting

Terry, I would be interested in hearing them. Would be interesting to hear them next to my bypasses.
Old 11-12-2004, 10:13 AM
Bokonon
Instructor

My buddy Dale has a TT with the Fabspeed bypasses and I *think* it might be a bit louder than his car since he has those dang turbos in the way quieting things down. . . . heh heh

(I could be wrong we haven't done a true back to back test yet).

Whens the next BAR drive?
-terry

Quick Reply: Fabspeed Supercups...I have just got to...