Sponsored by:

Fog light lense removal

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2002, 10:27 AM
Blizzard
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Fog light lense removal

Can someone tell me how to remove the fog light lenses on my 1997 C2.

Thanks
Old 09-26-2002, 10:39 AM
Robin 993DX
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Blizzard,

The lens itself can not be remove from the fog light assembly, but you can remove the fog light assembly from the bumper cover as one unit.

If you are trying to clean it because of the haze, the only way I know of is to remove the bulb and to clean it from behind through the bulb opening. Most of the time the haze is the discoloration of the plastic lens material, cleaning it wouldn't help much.

You can remove the fog light assembly after removing the signal lens. One philips screw holds the signal lens on, and pull the signal lens forward towards the front of the car to remove it, and then unscrew the philips screw that holds the fog light assembly in. And use a flat screw driver to pry the mounting clip away from assembly and pull it out.

Old 09-26-2002, 02:43 PM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts
Removing the units as Robin describes is the best route to take.

Then you need to unscrew the vertical height adjuster* screw from the internal bulb assembly and the whole internal assembly will simply pull right out allowing you to wash the "insides" of the glass lens housing. This made a huge difference on my lenses.

(*count how many turns it takes to return to the original adjustment or you will simply have to reset after you reinstall the lights. It's not hard to do if you forget.)
The following users liked this post:
Gjbacci (03-10-2021)
Old 09-27-2002, 08:50 AM
maurice97C2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Second that ! I upgraded the fogs to PIAA bulb$$ as well, and aligned them to dipped beam height.

I can honestly report that they add to the illumination of my HID low beams.

Note for UK HID people - my car sailed through MoT without comment - I was a little trepid, tho'.

Cheers, Maurice
The following users liked this post:
Gjbacci (03-10-2021)

Quick Reply: Fog light lense removal