993 Forum 1995-1998

Alpine Radio. Factory Option?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2019, 08:40 PM
Twilightblue28A
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by kezcapt
If anyone has the alpine and needs a changer, I have one with bracket and carpaet covering. I bought it when the seller told me it was correct for my car but it was not (I had a becker). If you want it then drop me a line.
I tried sending a private message unsuccessfully. If you have the CD changer, I'm interested!
Old 12-30-2019, 08:50 PM
Twilightblue28A
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 202 Posts

The CR-1 and the Alpine 7807 were both available on the 1995 model. Both radios were manufactured by Alpine. The CR-1 is Porsche branded and is an AM/FM Stereo with an in dash cassette player. You could add the CD changer to the CR-1 in the trunk.
The Alpine 7807 was an AM/FM Stereo with a single in dash CD. You could also add a CD changer in the trunk. I have never seen an Alpine 7807 Porsche branded.
In the model year beginning 1996, Porsche switched to the Becker radio.
Old 12-30-2019, 09:25 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 731 Likes on 534 Posts

Originally Posted by Twilightblue28A
The CR-1 and the Alpine 7807 were both available on the 1995 model. Both radios were manufactured by Alpine. The CR-1 is Porsche branded and is an AM/FM Stereo with an in dash cassette player. You could add the CD changer to the CR-1 in the trunk.
The Alpine 7807 was an AM/FM Stereo with a single in dash CD. You could also add a CD changer in the trunk. I have never seen an Alpine 7807 Porsche branded.
In the model year beginning 1996, Porsche switched to the Becker radio.
Correct 7807 was not branded with Porsche logo....
Old 12-31-2019, 04:10 PM
akrca4
Pro

Received 137 Likes on 64 Posts

Still running my Alpine 7618 I had since 93’. Bypassed the Nokia amp and using TranzIt Blu for streaming audio from my phone. Works great!

Andy

Old 06-19-2020, 06:15 PM
JonRoger
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Andy, can you say more about bypassing the Nokia amp? I want to get bluetooth or aux input to my Alpine 7807 system - without replacing the radio.
Old 06-20-2020, 02:05 AM
akrca4
Pro

Originally Posted by JonRoger
Andy, can you say more about bypassing the Nokia amp? I want to get bluetooth or aux input to my Alpine 7807 system - without replacing the radio.
Hi Jon:

The previous owner of my car had an aftermarket amp already installed so I just used the same wiring. If you have HiFi option in your car, I think bergvillfx sells the harness to bypass the Nokia amp:
https://www.bergvillfx.com/index.php...fi-bypass.html

However, if you are just looking to add bluetooth connectivity, The Tranzit Blu I have taps into the antenna lead so you don't need to change any wiring on the amp side. Keep in mind that I have had it for about 5 years already so there might be a better solutions out there now. Hope this helps!

Andy
Old 06-20-2020, 09:22 AM
JonRoger
AutoX

Thanks - I see that I mis-worded my question. I meant bypass to the amplifier. Ie, connect an aux input (mp3 player) into the Nokia without cutting cables. At the Nokia end. Possibly the answer involves a 70-1785 cable, but the exact details aren't clear to me. Or maybe the Alpine 7807 has a CD changer input that could be used as an aux input? I'd use an FM transmitter, but I've heard that sound quality is poor (true?).

Some info here, but his wiring changes were at the radio end:
https://rennlist.com/forums/diy-subm...head-unit.html
Old 06-20-2020, 03:23 PM
akrca4
Pro

Originally Posted by JonRoger
Thanks - I see that I mis-worded my question. I meant bypass to the amplifier. Ie, connect an aux input (mp3 player) into the Nokia without cutting cables. At the Nokia end. Possibly the answer involves a 70-1785 cable, but the exact details aren't clear to me. Or maybe the Alpine 7807 has a CD changer input that could be used as an aux input? I'd use an FM transmitter, but I've heard that sound quality is poor (true?).

Some info here, but his wiring changes were at the radio end:
https://rennlist.com/forums/diy-subm...head-unit.html
I don't think 7807 has Ai-Net, if that's case then you can just use the Ai-Net to RCA adapter for AUX input. I am not sure if there are any AUX adapter for the old Alpine CD changer input...
The Tranzit Blu directly plugs in into the antenna plug on the headunit so I guess it's a little bit different from other FM transmitters. The sound quality is actually better than I expected but I think that also depends on the headunit. You can also contact SW Stereo, they specialized in European radios and accessories, maybe they would know more about how to tap in to the Nokia wirings. Sorry couldn't be more help.
http://www.swstereo.com/index.php
Old 06-21-2020, 10:57 AM
JonRoger
AutoX

Thanks. Perhaps direct input to the antenna is acceptable. The iSimple IS31 is inexpensive enough to just try it.

Quick Reply: Alpine Radio. Factory Option?