Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

BUYERS BEWARE - WINDWARD PERF.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2001, 03:40 PM
Konrad 996tt
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down BUYERS BEWARE - WINDWARD PERF.

Unfortunately, I have had a bad experience with Windward Performance, and I would advise against getting involved with them. I have bought many parts for several cars from several vendors, and this is the first time I have ever had a problem.
Here is the story: I ordered an H&R suspension set for my 97 twin turbo. They sent me parts of the H&R suspension, and supposed, "upgraded custom (non-H&R) monoballs at no extra charge". I asked them to ship me the correct suspension, but they said "this was the last H&R suspension for this car in the country". The "upgraded monoballs" were obviously used, as the aluminum was scratched. I asked if I could return the parts, since they were not what I ordered. Dan at Winward said no problem, and that my money would be refunded in full(since these were not completely the parts I ordered, and I was not consulted about this swap before shipment). After months of chasing them for a credit to my AMEX, with no returned calls and no faxes, I finally got a credit for 75% of the total $2,800 because they imposed a 25% restocking fee. I called the previously courteous Dan, only to be treated very rudely, and to have him hang up on me. Fortunately I have e-mails from them acknowledging the mistake, so I will be taking this up with AMEX. Should have bought from Gert.......
Old 08-16-2001, 04:06 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry to hear about the bad experience and thanks for warning us off from them.

I bought and installed the FVD (Bilstein/Eibach) suspension from Mike Schatz. Very happy with the system and Schatzmotorsport.
Old 08-16-2001, 04:33 PM
George 911-V8
Pro

Location: The Swamp Lands of Louisiana, The Deep Dirty South 2 Miles From Pimp City
Konrad 993tt I'm sorry to here about your problem with windward. I have spent a good chunck of change with Dan for over two years with 0 problems. They should back up their promises and give you a refund to your amex. I would try again to call Dan and see if he will help you out. The old saying applies you get more with sugar than salt.

SWAMP MONSTER
Old 08-16-2001, 05:12 PM
Konrad 996tt
Instructor

Angry

George,
I appreciate your comments, and can understand why you feel that way. Dan and company were very nice and cooperative until I had this particular problem. Had they shipped what they sold me over the phone, I would have been happy, but you only see people's true colors in times of trouble. I was very surprised when Dan took this attitude with me over the phone, as it seemed out of character for him, I guess he had me fooled this whole time. Funny thing is Dan said they had a customer who was waiting to take these parts at a higher price than what I had paid for them, so they were eager to give me my money back. They ended up making more money on this sale, yet they want to charge me close to $800 for restocking?????
I too spent several thousand $$ with them. If they had been cooperative and helpful, they would have gained a customer for life. The $$ they are trying to con me off of are small compared to what I could potentially spend (and have my friends and acquiantances spend) with them. Too bad for both of us.
Old 08-16-2001, 05:55 PM
Konrad 996tt
Instructor

Thumbs down

By the way, I am not the only one who has had problems with Windward:

Problems with Windward

George, consider yourself lucky!
Old 08-16-2001, 09:43 PM
Ray Calvo
Passed On
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Red face

Sorry to hear this, Konrad. I bought my Euro M030 springs from them back in '97; no problems. However, will avoid doing business with them in the future.

Have you tried making them a offer they can't refuse? Then again, maybe you can only do that if your Godfather lives in Brooklyn.
Old 08-17-2001, 02:06 AM
JC in NY
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not including the link you posted I've heard other stories like this about Windward. I wouldn't do business with them if they were the last supplier of Porsche parts on Earth.
Old 08-17-2001, 01:39 PM
Jim Sullivan
Instructor

That was my response to Konrad's post at Funcars. I came out of the closet or they were going to remove the post.

I stand by every word of my report.

Quick Reply: BUYERS BEWARE - WINDWARD PERF.