Sponsored by:

Andial Bilstein/Eibach Sport Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2001, 02:15 PM
BEAR in Kent
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Andial Bilstein/Eibach Sport Suspension

Anyone have experiences with the subject suspension setup. Previously posted about Eibach, H&R and ROW M030 spring changes on a '95 993 Coupe with US M030. I'm looking for a DE track and street setup to improve handling and lower the car to normal (ROW) or slightly lower. How low is the Andial setup? Is it too harsh for the street? Are damping rates or height adjustable? Any inputs would be appreciated. Thans.
Old 08-16-2001, 02:45 PM
Tom T.
Instructor

Barry,

Check Robin's discussion board about this topic titled "M030 Install". Lots of ggod info. Pay special attention to what Steve Weiner of Rennsport Systems wrote. The site is robin.proboards.com

Tom
1995 993
Old 08-16-2001, 03:16 PM
Ran
Rennlist Member

Yes, Tom T. is right in that the site does have a lot of useful info. EDIT (when I mentioned "site", I meant p-car.com I have not heard of proboard as yet. I can confirm that at p-car.com there is a wealth of info.)

From a looks perspective as regards your question about height of setup and streetablility, you can also click on my "911 turbo" signature to see how low it looks when you have the following..

Front:- Eibach springs; Bilstein adjustable gas struts; Adjustable Porsche swaybar; strut brace.
Rear:- Bilstein adjustable struts; rear sway bar adjustable; adjustable sway links, teflon greasable bushings.

For me, it represents more than adequate drivability but it is obviously a very subjective opinion. Not at all too harsh but you really cant fly over poor roads (the gaps between concrete slabs here in PA/NJ) as I doubt the car will appreciate it even if you can tolerate it. Take my opinion with a grain of salt since I found all 993 cars way too soft when I tested them at dealerships - far softer than even my M3 but none of them had sport suspension so that was partly the answer but in hindsight I am glad I found what I have. My turbo is just right for me.

Quick Reply: Andial Bilstein/Eibach Sport Suspension