Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

mnmblu HOT NEW pictures from EXCELLENCE MAGAZINE photo shoot that I took on Friday

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 03:49 AM
ruffy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alan,
www.qplanet.org
check it out
Old 10-13-2004, 04:25 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Superyellowfly,
Those pics are really nice, I like them very much. I also saw some of his Sunset pictures that I like. I am fond of sunsets too. Here are a couple I took this week. You may like.
Old 10-14-2004, 04:39 AM
ruffy
Burning Brakes

Awesome... me likes!
are those prepped or original?
Old 10-14-2004, 01:14 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Fly:

Just level adjustments on both to make them darker than original. Just a little peppered seasoning for taste.

Glad you like them. I always like to get reactions from people in the biz, kinda let's me know if I am doing things right. I try to have my own style that sets me apart from the crowd. I strive to have a look that is recognizable as mine. Photographs are a dime a dozen, hell everyone has a camera. But photos that capture your imagination are a whole different thing.

Thanks again for your inspirational comments.
Alan
Old 10-15-2004, 03:23 AM
ruffy
Burning Brakes

my interpretation and
... tribute to your work

Old 10-15-2004, 03:34 AM
mnmblu
Drifting

Fly, that is very nice. Took out the light and added some shadow. You know, what I thought was unique about the original was the street lamp. That is what I think set it apart from just another shot of a deck lid.
However, it is a very nice gesture on your part as a tribute, thank you.

Fly, go to my crib, scroll down to the bottom of my crappy new, temp home page to see my latest werk. I really dig this piece. Tell me what you think.

mnm's crib
Old 10-15-2004, 06:06 AM
ruffy
Burning Brakes

"Surreal seriousness" was my intent.
I found the composure and inherent balance of the picture unique.
The color and elements provided a unique offset balance (fish eyed lens may have been an interesting addition)
If i may say so, it wasn't just another picture of a deck lid. I thought a little contrast in moodiness and the clouds would balance nicely in addition to the main 'carrera' theme. I found the angle of the lampost a little too diliberate to work with (which may be excellent, depending on the motivation of the shot).

wrt your portfolio
I found several recurring themes.
Optimistism, Enthusiasm, lively, larger than life... to name a few.. I throughly enjoyed the sense of motion captured. perhaps reflective of your personality?
An influence of pop art/culture... very endearing to many(esp on this board).

Your work (campaign) reflects a refreshing sense of youthful excitement framed in a surreal environment.
The message it conveys, identifies and captures the spirit of many on this board and the shared passion for the marque, which in itself is somewhat of a surreal experience.
Just some of my thoughts and emotions evoked.

Chunn
Old 10-15-2004, 12:19 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Hi Chunn,

Thank you for your very nice and eloquent critique. Usually artists are hammered by critics but I just love to hear those words. Whenever someone compliments me on my werks, I get very motivated to produce more. Now all I have to do is sell some to make my time invested worth the effort.

And... your interpretation of my piece is very nice, I do like it. I have soooooo many great shots, that most of the time I just do a couple of adjustments for show. When I have time I revisit some of my pieces and then really work on them to make them more ART than photo. But, as you know, it is so time consuming. An example of what I am talking about is that last werk on my web site. That took some time, imagination and massaging. The final result is ARTwerks. I look at my work two ways, straight photos with only slight enhancements and then there are my Photowerks with all the effects.

I love doing this and my hope is to have my werks hanging in many Porsche lovers homes. Not only for the extra cash for suspension, etc. but for the joy I would receive knowing that people all over might occasional glance up at my werk in their home and smile.

Thanks again for all your supportive words and interest in my werk, I love it.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:25 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Oh, and here is another deck lid that I like. This came straight out of the camera. Only enhancement was adding more red to the dole light.
Old 10-17-2004, 04:06 AM
ruffy
Burning Brakes

Alan,
You are most welcomed.
Keep them coming...

Quick Reply: mnmblu HOT NEW pictures from EXCELLENCE MAGAZINE photo shoot that I took on Friday