Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

feedback on Deman motorsports in nyack,ny..

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 10:03 PM
Rob 97 993c2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default feedback on Deman motorsports in nyack,ny..

anyone use these guys? Im looking for a new shop for my TT as my other shop is too far and they are getting a little pricey.

Hopefully i can find 1 place that is good for everything from bodywork touchups to machanical stuff.
Old 09-28-2004, 12:03 AM
srgolub
Advanced

I believe a friend of mine, who has a 964 turbo, has had some work done by them. You can send him a PM, i think he checks his messages pretty frequently. His name is David, his Rennlist name is straight6.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:09 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 168 Likes on 100 Posts

I have read good things about them in one of the Rennlist forums. Run a search. Rick DeMan is a Rennlister I believe, and he has a very, very fast turbo. Never dealt with them though.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:35 AM
flatair
Racer

Used to use him for most of the work I did on my 73 911S. Great guy and does very meticulous work. He has a lightweight 993 GT2 race car - I think it's somewhere around 2500 lbs (or less) and puts down 500+ rwhp (gargantuan turbo near the rear backside of the engine).

Brad
Old 09-28-2004, 10:21 AM
Evan
Burning Brakes

Ditto to all. I also have a friend who takes his '94 3.6T to him and had very good results. Rick also re-did a few items not correctly done from another indy in NJ.
Old 09-28-2004, 12:24 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,053 Likes on 1,233 Posts

I give Rick on his knowledge and workmanship. His crew are all Porsche enthusiasts and take great pride in their work. I believe his race car is running 1000hp and have heard he was running Watkins Glenn lap times of 1 min 55 sec. He is one smooth driver.

I don't think you will be disapointed in what he does for you. His shop is small and close quartered but they work well within its confines.

I had taken my car to a local well known "Porsche Turbo Experts Shop" and they had my car running at 370 Hp. Rick was able to tweek it up to 430 without much work. The car runs as smooth as can be and he has virtually elliminated the notorious turbo lag associated with the 964 turbo. He was also able to repair things the other shop could not.

I would give him a call and talk things out.

Good Luck
Old 09-28-2004, 12:36 PM
Rob 97 993c2
Three Wheelin'

Thanks .. is he good on pricing?? -i.e. charge "actual" time.. Im not trying to be cheap - but they really have you in a tough position. I want to find a shop i can build a long term relationship and as im a very loyal customer, want to feel comfortable that im being treated fairly and can refer my friends. Im so tired of people quoting me rates just b/c they feel "this is what should be paid"
Old 09-28-2004, 12:51 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,053 Likes on 1,233 Posts

Rob,

From my experiences, I would have to say he is as fair as they come. I ususally have a good idea what I am going to be charged before finding out the actual total. In both cases I used Rick, it came to less than I anticipated. Most other shops will nickle and dime you on small parts that may or may not have been needed. Rick is very up front, and appeared to have done a little extra without charging me. Not that you are going to be saving money but you won't be throwing it away either. I believe you will find him to be quite reasonable in his pricing and will be very honest with you regarding what your car needs. I know of shops I can send you to that will charge you less but you will be getting less also.

What are you looking to have done? I would try starting out with one or two smaller items and ask him his opinion on what he feels the car needs and take it form there.

Good Luck

Quick Reply: feedback on Deman motorsports in nyack,ny..