Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 11:53 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Rejex Swirl marks??

I put Rejects on my car today by hand and I got swirl marks all over
are we supposed to use the porter cable for this?? Before you hammer me about the search function I have been disconnected for 2 days I got my laptop
from work and its DIAL UP!!THANKS VERIZON!!
Old 09-27-2004, 12:36 AM
mnmblu
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think so Paul,
You just appy with a micro towel and let dry. Then wipe off, real easy application and removal. Really no need for power equiptment for this. You remind me of Tool Time show, that show with, ya know, what's his name, with the tool show and the sidekick Al. Likes to put a 200 hp motor on his lawnmover guy, you know. Oh brother, my brain is skipping a beat tonight. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Old 09-27-2004, 12:44 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Alan actually I didnt think the porter cable had enough power and my extension cord is not long enough so I put the 25 CC 2 stroke motor on it from my weed wacker! now I got like 10hp on my Porter cable! anyway I am not too happy right now with this rejex. I have hand swirl marks all over the car.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:55 AM
adsc4s
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Paul, it could be that you did not remove it completely. I would use a microfibre and buff it now before it cures.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:56 AM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if the paint is clean... there will be no swirls.

"og" did you clay first?

"Before you hammer me about the search function I have been disconnected for 2 days I got my laptop from work and its DIAL UP!!THANKS VERIZON!!" -old guy

Last edited by 24FPS; 09-27-2004 at 02:49 AM.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:57 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Paul, I wonder if the swirls are actually just smeared Rejex? Try to wipe down with QD and a fresh microfiber towel..
Old 09-27-2004, 01:01 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I used microfiber (BRAND NEW MICROFIBER)to apply and to remove. I have midnite blue paint and I have clayed and swirl mark rimoved and polished, so there is no oxidized paint. but in the sun you can see my application swirls where I put it on by hand. I will try some QD though. Right now I am thinking of going back to my old wax
Old 09-27-2004, 01:05 AM
mnmblu
Drifting

I am with Chris on this one. Also Paul, You may want to reapply the rejex in sections. Apply, then wipe it off right away with a fresh towel. Then use detail spray and a fresh towel to buff that area Do this until swirls are gone. Then move on to next section and do the same procedure until that area is clean, may have to do it twice. I have alway found that reapplying and removing paint protective products helps remove unwanted streaks. and I think they are streaks, really. Swirls would be scratches. They are not scratches are they? Can I take a breath now?
Old 09-27-2004, 01:12 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Now I cant see um its too dark. even in the garage with flourescents
Old 09-27-2004, 01:13 AM
mnmblu
Drifting

Paul, if you had applied and removed it properly, I don't think you would have had this problem. Thinking of a metaphor, hmmmm. How bout, " garbage in, garbage out?" Don't blame the Rejex, it's a damn fine product. Believe it or not, I have always had the best results with applying paint protectant in small sections, not letting it dry and wiping it off before it dries, then moving on to the next section and repeating. This never seems to give the protectant enough time to streak. I think, the streaking comes from the uneven thickness of the layer and the amount of time the thicker sections take to dry. Call me weird but it has always worked for me.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:21 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Not that I dont believe what you say because i do, but midnite blue is MUCH worse at showing these things than Riviera Blue and SPeed Yellow. and I am trying to get this perfect. BUt this was a step backward. Which leads me to another new trhead
Old 09-27-2004, 01:27 AM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

OG- Was the humidity high when you applied the Rejex? It's a bit hard to work if the humidity level is high when applied.

As Chris mentioned, did you try using Quick Detailer to try and remove the swirl marks?
Old 09-27-2004, 01:33 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Alan When I get back from LA I am going to try your method of the small area and remove. that makes sense. I think it is smeared Rejex like Chris says. I am sure that the marks are not real scratches. Alan you up for a beer around LAX this week??
Kim thas almost funny! I live in the Mojave. the humidity is around 5%
Old 09-27-2004, 01:52 AM
jz993
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OG, the same thing happened to me. I guess you shouldn't let the rejex dry. I'm in very low humidity, too. I don't know how the rejex will last, but for now I prefer the Wax Shop liquid.
My .02, FWIW.
Old 09-27-2004, 02:50 AM
Midnight C4S
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old Guy,

I've got a Midnight blue and RejeX worked great on mine. I put on with a new microfiber towel which I washed first without fabric softener then put on with a straight back and forth motion then took it right off the same way and it came out great, no swirl marks. Anything I can do or tell you about the process let me know, I wouldn't worry though I don't think you scratched the paint or anything. I love the stuff, I've given it away as presents to a bunch of my car nut friends, they like it too. Just buff it a little with a clean towel by hand and it should come out great and I agree with using a detail spray after, I did that too but not until after it cured.

Quick Reply: Rejex Swirl marks??