Sponsored by:

PSS-9 & RS sway bar report: Road velcro

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2003, 10:16 PM
Jack Kramer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Anir:
<strong>Unfortunately, my DAS bar was a royal PITA to install even with my wife helping - due to the fact that one of the bars was a couple of inches out-of-whack. My wife was kind enough to run it to a body shop, where they used a "Porta-power" (hydraulic jack/press) to bend it into position, so that the bolts could be placed.

Have I gotten you excited about the project yet? </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Installing a DAS bar in my next project. I painted the bar today and planned to install it tomorrow.

I live a few miles from Dougherty's so I was able to pick it up in person. I hope my bar is better aligned than your's Anir :-)
Old 04-12-2003, 11:47 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts
Jack - let us know how it goes and if you have any pointers!
Old 04-13-2003, 12:36 AM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by John H. in DC Area:
<strong>Jason, everyone seems to recommend the additional oil cooler to go along with 993TT ECU mods, and the 993TT "S" has one added as well. I'm reluctant to go against the conventional wisdom on this one. Temps get into the upper 90's pretty regularly in the DC area, so the extra margin of safety can't hurt.
</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">I'm not saying you should go against conventional wisdom I'm just suggesting that you might want to see what the actual increase in oil temperatures is with your new ECU before spending more money to fix a problem that may not exist. Who knows, with your modded ECU you might not actually have any increase in oil temperatures, or you might. You won't know until you check.
Old 04-13-2003, 12:59 AM
Jason Toutolmin
AutoX

Thumbs up

I bought my car with the PSS-9's already installed so I didn't have to do the upgrade myself. I did test drive many 4S's when looking for my car, and all were stock suspension. I was sold immediately with the car I bought mainly because of the PSS-9's and RS Sways. There is no comparison!

Now unfortunately for me, but fortunately for someone else, I am selling the car. Reading Mark's post makes it even harder to sell it. If I do buy another 993 in the future this will be my first mod.

<a href="http://www.thehelix.com/c4s/index.html" target="_blank">Anyone looking for a perfect 1997 4S? Click here for more info and photos!</a>
Old 04-13-2003, 11:04 AM
4flynlow
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Mark:
I enjoyed your post and wholeheartedly agree with your synopsis.I recently installed the identical componets you did on my car and am amazed by the transformation.The RS spec is where we set the car and it looks and drives like a different car entirely.I also installed an additional factory oil cooler piggybacked to the factory cooler for peace of mind and in antisapation of more horsepower to come.I guess Porsche set the stock suspension up to keep us mere mortals from driving like Michael Schumacher.
Happy Motoring!
Jeffry Brusseau
Old 04-13-2003, 11:30 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by 4flynlow:
<strong>I also installed an additional factory oil cooler piggybacked to the factory cooler for peace of mind and in antisapation of more horsepower to come.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Jeffry

Are you saying that you have sandwiched 2 factory coolers together, or that you have a Turbo S or Cargraphic type in series with your original oil cooling system?
Old 04-14-2003, 06:52 PM
Craig in Texas
Addict
Rennlist Member

On the other hand I completed my PSS-9/RS bar installation last week and tested it at Motorsport Ranch for two days last weekend. It felt great, but not the "God has come to me in a vision" feeling that others have reported. I didn't even knock much off my best lap times. My original shocks/springs had 82,000 miles on them and were working fine. I had no excess suspension movement or rearend wiggling before the change, so I can't compare. I know my car is more capable than it was before and now it's up to me to become the driver that can take advantage of that change.
Old 04-14-2003, 07:09 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts
Mark

Great write-up.

I had been considering M030 for the Funhawg, once the little woman got over all the race car expenses.

Now I'm thinking again.

And since we don't have a team poet, the title is yours if you want it...
Old 04-14-2003, 08:19 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts
MIke - thanks for the offer although I don't if I can handle the responsibility of Entertainment Director and Team Poet together, especially in light of your own wordsmithing.

Quick Reply: PSS-9 & RS sway bar report: Road velcro