Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry, Eggiman. You are right.
Old 04-11-2003, 07:35 PM
John H. in DC Area
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Thanks for the detailed info, David. Did you feel it was necessary to wait a certain amount of time before applying the invinca-shield to your freshly painted Euro bumper? I'm about to go through the same thing.
Old 04-11-2003, 10:08 PM
RT7
Burning Brakes

I have the Elephant Racing Skin track (mag bra) and I have no problem with lifting during 140+ mph excursion or during rain.
<a href="http://www.elephantracing.com/gallery/trackskinpics.htm" target="_blank">Elephant Racing</a>
Old 04-12-2003, 12:01 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by John H. in DC Area:
<strong> Did you feel it was necessary to wait a certain amount of time before applying the invinca-shield to your freshly painted Euro bumper?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">John - I'm about to get my bumper repainted due to a careless young girl who whacked my car and was told that the fresh paint should sit for a month before the Xpel/3M material could be applied. A bummer since this means the car has to sit for a month this spring to avoid any new stone chips.
Old 04-12-2003, 04:07 AM
Speedraser
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
A thought: Regarding how much of the front lid to cover with any variation on the 3M material: IMO, this stuff IS visible. My 993 is black, and I think it is less visible on black than on many other colors. It looks like paint with a little too much orange peel. I think it looks fine on my car, and far better than stone-chips -- I'm very happy with it. On my car's front lid, it covers up to a bit higher than the badge. I did not get the larger version that covers more (about 1/3 of the lid, as mentioned in a post above) because I thought it made it a LOT more visible -- I saw this on a Guards Red car. In my experience, most of the stone chips seem to happen on the lower area of the lid (flying truck tires are another story...), so I thought the smaller and less noticeable version was the right choice for me. This is all IMO, of course.
Old 04-12-2003, 07:22 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by John H. in DC Area:
<strong>Thanks for the detailed info, David. Did you feel it was necessary to wait a certain amount of time before applying the invinca-shield to your freshly painted Euro bumper? I'm about to go through the same thing.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">John - I waited about 4-5 weeks for the paint to cure...I was out of town during that time anyways so having the car sitting around was less of a problem for me. If you already have a car bra then you could use that in the interim and polish any minor scratches from the bra before putting on the clear bra.

You should also look at the 3 or 4 different companies that make these kits. They have differences in the patterns they use and some seem to be easier to apply than others (i.e. 2 pieces for the bumper vs 1) and the cost can vary by quite a bit.

Quick Reply: Mag bra input