Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Seinfeld "Airborne Turbo".....?

Old 09-17-2004, 07:58 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Seinfeld "Airborne Turbo".....?

I've spent a couple years ...on and off... looking for this "photog" and tho't it would be a poster, but I have been unsuccessful in my searches.

This photog shows up on reruns of Seinfeld on the wall in his apartment as a poster/picture or whateva. It shows what I believe to be a 1988 or 1989 Turbo from the rear end "airborne" .... all 4 wheels off the ground. The caption states (in the advertisement)... "One ride and you will realize why most rocket scientists are German", yada, yada. I don't think the quote is in Jerry's picture.

I have a rather poorly removed Porsche advertisement from AutoWeek dated, April 3, 1989 with this ad.... altho I remember that this ad occurred in several magazines in that period of time.

I'm trying to locate a poster of this advertisement. Or, have one made. Anybody know where I can find it? Looked nearly everywhere I can think.

TIA.... BAGGER
Old 09-17-2004, 08:20 PM
Pete Lech
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have one with my name on it on the wall in my office. I tried to find out the source several years ago, so I could order a red car version, but was unsuccessful. There was no caption, just the word PORSCHE vertically along the left side.

BTW, you can order a 997 version of a personalized poster at your local Porsche dealers. Many folks got one free in the mail, but I did not.
Old 09-18-2004, 12:08 AM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 311 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete Lech
Many folks got one free in the mail, but I did not.
Neither did we and we've bought two new Porsches in three years! Guess that's not often enough and you have to buy a new one Every year to get something free from Porsche!!!

JoAnne
Old 09-18-2004, 10:38 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT 993
Neither did we and we've bought two new Porsches in three years! Guess that's not often enough and you have to buy a new one Every year to get something free from Porsche!!!

JoAnne
i got one in the mail....had my name on the license plate of the car....silver 997.... i have never owned a porsche before...goes to show that even Porsche's marketing dept is a little off the mark...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Seinfeld "Airborne Turbo".....?