Sponsored by:

Seinfeld "Airborne Turbo".....?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 07:58 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Seinfeld "Airborne Turbo".....?

I've spent a couple years ...on and off... looking for this "photog" and tho't it would be a poster, but I have been unsuccessful in my searches.

This photog shows up on reruns of Seinfeld on the wall in his apartment as a poster/picture or whateva. It shows what I believe to be a 1988 or 1989 Turbo from the rear end "airborne" .... all 4 wheels off the ground. The caption states (in the advertisement)... "One ride and you will realize why most rocket scientists are German", yada, yada. I don't think the quote is in Jerry's picture.

I have a rather poorly removed Porsche advertisement from AutoWeek dated, April 3, 1989 with this ad.... altho I remember that this ad occurred in several magazines in that period of time.

I'm trying to locate a poster of this advertisement. Or, have one made. Anybody know where I can find it? Looked nearly everywhere I can think.

TIA.... BAGGER
Old 09-17-2004, 08:20 PM
Pete Lech
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have one with my name on it on the wall in my office. I tried to find out the source several years ago, so I could order a red car version, but was unsuccessful. There was no caption, just the word PORSCHE vertically along the left side.

BTW, you can order a 997 version of a personalized poster at your local Porsche dealers. Many folks got one free in the mail, but I did not.
Old 09-18-2004, 12:08 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 354 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete Lech
Many folks got one free in the mail, but I did not.
Neither did we and we've bought two new Porsches in three years! Guess that's not often enough and you have to buy a new one Every year to get something free from Porsche!!!

JoAnne
Old 09-18-2004, 10:38 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT 993
Neither did we and we've bought two new Porsches in three years! Guess that's not often enough and you have to buy a new one Every year to get something free from Porsche!!!

JoAnne
i got one in the mail....had my name on the license plate of the car....silver 997.... i have never owned a porsche before...goes to show that even Porsche's marketing dept is a little off the mark...

Quick Reply: Seinfeld "Airborne Turbo".....?